Getting work history as an agency worker is impossible

Is there anyone else trying to provide a work history where you have been an agency worker.  It seems an impossible feat! I have worked for local authorities but secured the work via agencies and then been paid by an umbrella company, one has since gone into liquidation.  Despite sending information and despite working since 2009 as a social worker and only have 11 months off maternity I can only evidence 5 years work experience meaning I now need to secure at least 10 points with an english test. I feel like giving up (i know its just an off day) I have been trying to secure this information for 4 months.

I feel so frustrated, to make matters worse all documents need to be in letter form to agent and everyone is working from home so until i have this can not submit EOI.

Time is against me as I am 44 in January.

Hi, I provided nearly 6 years of work experience via agencies recruitment. 
Surely you have Bank statements of the money inputing your back account? Together with payslips? Usually you get remittance from both the agency & umbrella company?

I’ve just been through the process of submitting a skills assessment and I would recommend getting a migration agent to help as they will be able to advise what to do in your case and what to provide. I’ve worked in interim roles ( as ltd company, through an agency and direct, and one company no longer operates) and I need maximum points too (my age also goes against me). I hadn’t kept any payslips and only had some documentation saved. As Paul has said above there are ways of doing it but I would advise that if you are serious,  you do it as soon as you can because it took me four months to get all my documentation together and it was a lot of hard work. Am now waiting for the outcome, fingers crossed.

Edited by CharleyP
  • Like 1