Spouce visa

Adem

Bonjour everyone,my self and my two kids are Australian citizen BUT my wife she's NOT lol,we live in north Africa,I really like to go back to Australia with the kids and the wife at the same time and a soon as possible but after reading about the spouce visa I realized that it take forever and I have to be in australia to sponcer my wife,so my queation is is there some sort a visa that doesn't take long  and then we do the rest once we arrived in Australia,many thanks

You are wrong. You do not need to be in Australia to sponsor your wife. 

There are strategies you could use, however it is very difficult right now because of the coronavirus.   It is affecting travel and also affecting visas.  If you want to be successful, the best plan is to speak to a migration agent like WRussell (who replied to your post).  He is a reputable agent.

Thank you all for the quick reply I really appreciate,I understand it's a very difficult time right now but once the life go back to normal is it ok to bring my on a tourist Visa and then a spouse visa in Australia.

1 minute ago, Adem said:

Thank you all for the quick reply I really appreciate,I understand it's a very difficult time right now but once the life go back to normal is it ok to bring my on a tourist Visa and then a spouse visa in Australia.

No, it isn’t.

Life will not get back to normal for a very long time.

Suggest that you put any such ideas on hold for this year and consult a registered migration agent in a few months time.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Adem said:

Actually yes, your wife can apply for a tourist visa, travel to Australia with you, and then apply for a spouse visa once you arrive.  She will get a bridging visa which will allow her to stay in Australia while her visa is processed. However she will not be allowed to work, and the waiting time is even longer than when you apply overseas.  So you would have to work out if you can afford to have her not working for 18 months or so.

I should say, that is how it works at the moment.   The Department of Immigration is always changing the rules to make it more difficult for people to get visas.  So you will need to wait until things go back to normal and then check what the rules are at that time.

23 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

No, it isn’t.

Life will not get back to normal for a very long time.

Suggest that you put any such ideas on hold for this year and consult a registered migration agent in a few months time.

Don't loose hope sir life WILL get back to normal and we will hopefully beat the virus and I will hopefully get my kids and wife to Australia,thank you anyway.

4 hours ago, Adem said:

Don't loose hope sir life WILL get back to normal and we will hopefully beat the virus and I will hopefully get my kids and wife to Australia,thank you anyway.

I didn’t say life wouldn’t get back to normal.  I certainly haven’t lost hope that it will.

But it will not get back to normal in 2020.  Beyond that, who knows?

• Thanks 1