AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

On 12/07/2021 at 19:22, Randall said:

Me too. I had to wait 7 weeks, my partner waited 8 weeks. 

@Chelsearoxanna Have you done your ceremony yet? I think you had a date for when the lockdown happened, no? 

Mine passed 4 months now since I took my test and still waiting. Called DHA couple of times and the same answer each time "Just wait!".

41 minutes ago, can1983 said:

I applied 3rd March 2021 and have my citizenship ceremony next week. Whilst its great that the time is faster than expected why do they publish 27 months processing time online/

may I know your location pls?

25 minutes ago, Sukhi & kiran said:

Anyone waiting from Wyndham council Victoria after approved citizenship in may this year 

Sukhi & Kiran: My approval is on May 2021 and waiting for the ceremony in Wyndham City Council, I am hoping it would be in Aug or September timelines

Hi All

Finally had my ceremony on Monday night in Monash, Vic.  Glad it finally happened.

Applied Oct 2019 and become an Aussie on 12 July 2021, took a while due to Covid, but finally got there.

Thanks to this site and everyone on there for their advise and support during this life changing process.

Andrew

• Congratulations 1

On 14/07/2021 at 10:59, can1983 said:

Hobart, citizenship ceremony in Kingborough council area. Appreciate it must be longer in the major cities but 4 months versus 27 months is hugely varied

Congrats firstly.

would you mind updating your whole application process? 

Application lodgement date?

Invited for test date?

Testing date?

Approval date?

ceremony date?

Hi Guys,

Just finished my Virtual Ceremony and I am now officially an Australian Citizen!

Ceremony took around 10 minutes.

I Logged into my ImmiAccount and checked my status. Below is what I found. I was on a 189 skilled independent and that is replaced now with my citizenship. My Immiaccount status for my Citizenship also says 'Finalised' 🙂

Visa class / subclass null/null
Visa type : Permanent resident or citizen

My timelines below :
First entry to Australia : 23rd July 2016
Applied for Citizenship : 23rd July 2020
Test date : 6th March 2021
Approval date : 6th March 2021 (1 hour after the test)
F2F Ceremony date : 30th June 2021 (Cancelled due to Covid lockdown in Sydney)
Request for Virtual Ceremony email sent : 9th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony mail received : 12th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony : 15th July 2021.
Council : City of Canada Bay NSW

End of my Permanent Resident Journey! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE  🙂 !

I've been a silent reader in this forum. Thanks for all the insights and do reach out if you need any assistance.

Edited by ravikiran.7070
typo
  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 3

On 14/07/2021 at 10:16, can1983 said:

I applied 3rd March 2021 and have my citizenship ceremony next week. Whilst its great that the time is faster than expected why do they publish 27 months processing time online/

Because your'e the lucky one mate 🙂

Dose anyone have any idea about how long the integrity & security checking will take? DHA told me that due to my offshore more than 3 month, the previous check has been expired, and they are processing it again. Just want to have a time estimate how long I have to wait for my approval. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Ding said:

Dose anyone have any idea about how long the integrity & security checking will take? DHA told me that due to my offshore more than 3 month, the previous check has been expired, and they are processing it again. Just want to have a time estimate how long I have to wait for my approval. Thanks. 

How did you make them to answer to you. Whenever I call they just tell me to wait, they dont even ask for my information.

Hi everyone, I've made my application last month. The Application Status in my IMMI account is currently Received. Does it normally change to something else when it progresses to the next step? Is that the only way to track the progress, or do we get email notification as well?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, username303 said:

Hi everyone, I've made my application last month. The Application Status in my IMMI account is currently Received. Does it normally change to something else when it progresses to the next step? Is that the only way to track the progress, or do we get email notification as well?

Thanks!

It'll remain unchanged until after your application is approved, which will only happen after you've taken the citizenship interview and test. You'll likely to be invited in the next couple of months — you'll receive an email with the date, time and location of your test. Only then your application status will change to 'Approved'. 

After you've attended the Citizenship Ceremony, it'll change to 'Finalised'.

3 hours ago, Ding said:

Hard to tell. I guess you'd better wait the 8 weeks timeframe they normally take to approve applications. The fact that they gave you this information means that they are aware you're back onshore and are definitely working on it. At least that...

Hang in there!

Are guests(spouse, child) being allowed now for Citizenship ceremonies post COVID? I know they used to allow before, but due to COVID, not sure if any limitations have been placed.
Mine is Melbourne City Council and awaiting my Ceremony date.

Applied: 7 Jan 2020 
Approved: 5 Feb 2021
Ceremony: Not yet got date

Hi Guys any idea how long it will take them to finalise on  test date  once they request to upload Birth Certificate   I still see further assessment in my immi account it's almost 3 weeks . 

Edited by APR

2 hours ago, APR said:

Hi Guys any idea how long it will take them to finalise on  test date  once they request to upload Birth Certificate   I still see further assessment in my immi account it's almost 3 weeks . 

Yes, it's very frustrating. I have the similar scenario with you, got back on June, and ring the bell to let them know I'm back. Still in progressing. 
I think for the applicant via skill migrant stream, in most cases, application is not complex. Don't understand why it takes such an unreasonable time. 

23 hours ago, ravikiran.7070 said:

Hi Guys,

Just finished my Virtual Ceremony and I am now officially an Australian Citizen!

I Logged into my ImmiAccount and checked my status. Below is what I found. I was on a 189 skilled independent and that is replaced now with my citizenship. My Immiaccount status for my Citizenship also says 'Finalised' 🙂

My timelines below :

I've been a silent reader in this forum. Thanks for all the insights and do reach out if you need any assistance.

Could you please share the virtual ceremony email address,

I already email to Perth.citizenship @homeaffairs.gov.au but didn’t get any response yet it’s already more then 10 days. Thanks 

On 15/07/2021 at 12:42, EricT said:

Congrats firstly.

would you mind updating your whole application process? 

Application lodgement date?

Invited for test date?

Testing date?

Approval date?

ceremony date?

Application lodged 2nd March 2021

Invited for test date       19th March 2021

Test Date     5th May 2021

Approval Date          5th May 2021 

Ceremony Date      23rd July 2021

An update. Our council in Melbourne organised a virtual ceremony a few days ago. We were notified a week before by email (no changes/messages on our Immi accounts). We attended from a car park in Gold Coast as we were on holiday (technology!). The ceremony lasted about 30 mins. Although we don’t have any paperwork to prove it, I think the ceremony means we are now Au citizens. We were told that we will receive a certificate in post in the next 3 weeks. Post that we can apply for a Passport. We applied in mid April 2020, so the process lasted exactly 15 months. 12 months from application to approval and 3 months from approval to ceremony. Hang in there all. 

• Congratulations 1

On 15/07/2021 at 13:51, ravikiran.7070 said:

Hi Guys,

My timelines below :

Thanks for sharing this. I got ceremony invitation for 28th July (Melbourne) but looks like it will get cancel due to current circumstances. I am also looking for virtual ceremony option. How should I explain them should I call them?

Edited by Been