AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

Here is my timeline (I’ve posted on other forum websites as well):

Citizenship applied: 28/5/2020
Test invitation received: 20/4/2021
Test date: 5/5/2021
Test location: Melbourne

Melbourne/Victoria is finally catching up!

I have a question regarding ‘Evidence of first arrival in Australia’. I visited Australia briefly about 13 years ago using a temporary passport that I don’t have anymore. Anyone had a similar issue? What can I use as evidence of first arrival? 

3 hours ago, mxh99 said:

I have a question regarding ‘Evidence of first arrival in Australia’. I visited Australia briefly about 13 years ago using a temporary passport that I don’t have anymore. Anyone had a similar issue? What can I use as evidence of first arrival? 

Answer to your Q.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1359.pdf

3 hours ago, mxh99 said:

Download Form 1359, fill it and send it to the email on the form. It’s a request for your international movements. 

It takes at least 30 days for issuance. 

Edited by Randall

On 04/02/2021 at 09:21, Ding said:

I found once you get the Further Assessment, it looks like the application is being hold-up.

Hi , i’ve got approval since 15th dec 20 , is there anyone sailing in the same boat 

i called dha today but they have standard reply asking me to wait till 7th month 

council : cairns qld 

11 hours ago, Olivia_1993 said:

11 hours ago, Randall said:

Download Form 1359, fill it and send it to the email on the form. It’s a request for your international movements. 

It takes at least 30 days for issuance. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I've now requested my movement records. According to the automatic email the processing time is 45 business days...

Hi All, 

Good Luck to all the people here for the Citizenship timeline.

I thought , I also share my timeline here for my partner & I.

Applied for Citizenship : -  10/Sep/2020 

Test Email :- 19/Mar/2021

Test & Interview Date :- 20/April/2021 (Mine Approved same day / Partner still Pending) at Sydney CBD

Rest Awaiting.

I passed my test in 1st attempt. But my husband did one wrong Aus value question. He cleared in 2nd attempt.

Whole process for interview & test take only less than 20 mins.

They check my passport, Driving Licence & Medicare Card.

If anyone has any question, please let me know.

😊😊😊 

Just received a letter from Queensland Parliament inviting us to a Citizenship Ceremony on 6th June 2021. We live on the northern Gold Coast and thought the notification would come from the City Council.

Anyway, looks like our journey is coming to a end and it will be a relief to finally call this place home - officially!!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

Apologies about that response above, not sure why my phone added it like that.

Applied in Cairns 15/08/2020

Moved to Darwin and updated Immi October 2020

Test date received Jan 2021

Test date 9/03/2021

Test taken 9/03/2021

Request for further information 21/04/2021 (they needed proof of my Darwin Address which i stupidly didnt upload, I just uploaded my NT drivers license with my address and a stat dec confirming my address signed by a friend who is a member of the defense force. :D

So I had my interview/test today. Was shocked at how fast it all went to be honest, had prepared myself for a 2 hour slot and had brought my study notes thinking I'd get some revision in😂

I was literally in and out of the building in 15 minutes in Melbourne. I had my folder full of every document I could think of with me, but they didn't ask for a single thing in the end, just verified my name verbally and then passed me on for the test. I know this wasn't the same for everyone because the people to the left and right of me were getting out a lot of paperwork, so I'm really thankful. I had all of the paperwork with me to be fair, in case it was needed.

Flew through the test in a few minutes thankfully (not bragging at all, just pure relief). My CO had said to me she wouldn't be able to approve me today (assuming I passed) because she was finishing up in 20 minutes and I wouldn't be done by then, but she promised to approve in the morning assuming everything went well. As I said, I was out of the building within 15 minutes, and went to the pub next door for a celebratory wine. I told myself not to check Immi, because she had said it would be at least tomorrow and I shouldn't torture myself....but because I'm so impatient I checked, and it was approved!!! Couldn't believe the speed of the whole thing - think I'm a bit in shock. Had built myself up for a few weeks wait to be approved. I was surprisingly emotional to be honest, can't believe the journey is nearly over. Just need to wait the 6 months or so for a ceremony now!

I'll sleep well tonight!! x

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hi all, 

We are hoping to apply online next week. I have few quires and just wondering if anyone could help me with these.

1. Do we have to submit 2 different applications for me and my partner?
  2. Do we have to have separate immi accounts to do so or can we do that in one immi account?
  3. If we have to submit 2 separate applications, do we have to include our child in both applications or only in one?

Much appreciated if you guys could help me with this.

Cheers!

31 minutes ago, IMA said:

Hi all, 

We are hoping to apply online next week. I have few quires and just wondering if anyone could help me with these.

2. Do we have to have separate immi accounts to do so or can we do that in one immi account?
  3. If we have to submit 2 separate applications, do we have to include our child in both applications or only in one?

Cheers!

Hivthere. 

1. Yes 2 different applications 

2. Can do it from same immi account 

3. I think child is included on one application, but check as I didn't have a child under 16 so no experience 

Good luck 

1 hour ago, IMA said:

Hi all, 

Cheers!

I was in exactly the same situation,

1. You'll need 2 applications for you and your partner

2. You can use a same immiAccount for both applications.

3. Your child will need to be included in 1 application only, better be the main one (if you apply using your immiAccount, include him/her in your application, just easier if there's any following up or additional requirements)

Apart from that, you'll need to mention in your partner's application that she/he has a child which is not in this application, but in another one. There's a section for that when you create the application.

Also, if you're living together and both from a same address, it will be much easier. If not, preparing for additional custody documents.

6 hours ago, David Ng said:

I was in exactly the same situation,

1. You'll need 2 applications for you and your partner

2. You can use a same immiAccount for both applications.

3. Your child will need to be included in 1 application only, better be the main one (if you apply using your immiAccount, include him/her in your application, just easier if there's any following up or additional requirements)

Apart from that, you'll need to mention in your partner's application that she/he has a child which is not in this application, but in another one. There's a section for that when you create the application.

Also, if you're living together and both from a same address, it will be much easier. If not, preparing for additional custody documents.

@David Ng Thanks so much for your reply. Really appreciate it. 

6 hours ago, pearplumpie said:

Hivthere. 

1. Yes 2 different applications 

2. Can do it from same immi account 

3. I think child is included on one application, but check as I didn't have a child under 16 so no experience 

Good luck 

@pearplumpie Thanks so much for your reply. Really appreciate it. 

On 21/04/2021 at 10:27, Randall said:

Hi all, 

Got my application approved this morning.

Applied: 02/11/20
Test: 10/03/21
Approved: 21/04/21

@Chelsearoxanna What's yours looking like? 

@Darwinian Congrats on your approval!

I just got approved 🙂 

let us know when you get your citizenship appointment. Maybe all three of us will get the same one 🙂

FYI

Date of applied          13/07/2020 (myself)

Current citizenship    Philippines

Current Visa               PR(Skilled)

Invitation                     19 Feb 2021

Test Date                     11 March 2021

Approval                      22 April 2021

Ceremony                   Awaiting

Hi guys, for those asking what to do after you have had your application approved, and then moved interstate or changed address, what I was told to do was to ring the Department and notify them so they can allocate my approved application to my new city council. I was told this during the test/interview. Firstly, I updated my address via immi account  and then requested the change via telephone , it took them a good 25 minutes to assist me. They asked for passport number  old address and new address. 

Hope this helps for anyone wondering.

N

Applied Citizenship  06/04/2020 (myself and dependent child)

Current citizenship    Pakistan

Invitation                    18/03/2021

Test Date                    25/03/2021 (Passed)

Approval                    Awaiting

Ceremony                  Awaiting

My application is yet to be decided after I passed the citizenship test. Is there something to be worried about?