AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2020-2021

04April2017DE

44 minutes ago, raj2021 said:

In perth it is quick compared to other cities. I know few people who got invited for test in less than three months in perth.

birth certificate which i gave from consulate is not acceptable. You mean from VFS Global ?

See, that one is based on your PASSPORT and someone blind will not be able to read it from your Passport and prefer such a document - which is exact replica of your passport.

They need from local municipality or 10th certificate/school leaving. 

A glitch is costing you time, please be patient and keep on follow up

Edited by Melbournian

1 hour ago, Melbournian said:

Hi All. 

Has anyone attached MEDICARE card (GREEN CARD /HUMAN SERVICES) in the  Citizenship application ?

I haven’t attached but on the test day the woman from Centrelink asked me Medicare card and driving license for verification...it’s been 3 weeks already but not yet approved!!)) Don’t know how long it takes!!))

9 hours ago, Darwin0832 said:
11 hours ago, Melbournian said:

Hi All. 

Has anyone attached MEDICARE card (GREEN CARD /HUMAN SERVICES) in the  Citizenship application ?

I haven’t attached but on the test day the woman from Centrelink asked me Medicare card and driving license for verification...it’s been 3 weeks already but not yet approved!!)) Don’t know how long it takes!!))

When did you do the test & interview? Still status of "Received"?

On 28/01/2021 at 14:59, fary said:

When you left for UK that time your application was approved or not? 

I meant you were only waiting for ceremony or your application was not approved  at all and you traveled to UK?

Hi,

Anyone from Sydney got Approval around September and still waiting for ceremony invitation?

how long does it normally take to get invitation for virtual ceremony i had said i am happy with virtual ceremony.

On 31/01/2021 at 22:03, Tania said:

Hello everyone

Please advise the BEST website to practice the test. I have tried different websites but would like to ask for your advices for the best one.

Is it necessary to purchase $29 to practice the test on AustralianCitizenshipSupport.com? Anyone tried this one yet? 

As we are not allowed to fail any of the 5 questions about the common bond so I am a bit scared.

Thank you

Totally unnecessary!

22 minutes ago, Darwin0832 said:

I did my test on 13th January with 100%passed and it says further assessment since I received the test invitations!!))Don’t know how long to wait for approval?Any ideas...

I found once you get the Further Assessment, it looks like the application is being hold-up.

9 hours ago, Darwin0832 said:
11 hours ago, Melbournian said:

Hi All. 

Maybe because of AFP Police check. Did they say we will do your Police check ?

I don't think they do random check... is it for all ?

Oh hey guys,

I got my citizenship approval on 20th of November 2020 in Cairns city QLD,

Although there are many people who are waiting for this way longer than I am, I feel a quite stressful haha. (This is my personal right? :D)

This is because I postponed all my money using (buying house, car and more) after the citizenship ceremony.  

My car has a big trouble and really want to move my place so this time giving me a massive stresses haha. 

Is there any news (invitation letter) for the people who got their file approved between September to December last year?

I found that the ceremony letter is regarding the approval date rather than applying date is it collect?

Cheers waiters!

Edited by Cairns123456677

8 hours ago, Pearl44 said:

Hi,

Anyone from Sydney got Approval around September and still waiting for ceremony invitation?

how long does it normally take to get invitation for virtualceremony i had said i am happy with virtual ceremony.

Did they ask you if you want to do virtual ceremony? Or you contacted them for the same?

10 hours ago, galisuman said:

I heard who ever passed the test in September in metro Brisbane have got their ceremonies done last month 26th so I would say 4 months lead time from when you got approval

I actually know a friend who in Brisbane who got his ceremony on the 26th Last month and he took the test in October. So if you are in the December pack maybe you are next but there is no ceremony for Feb so the earliest for you now is the 18th of March. 

45 minutes ago, tharru said:

Did they ask you if you want to do virtual ceremony? Or you contacted them for the same?

While giving the interview, the lady told me you have been waiting for a while you want to do virtual ceremony it will be quicker and i said okay for that. 

Did you apply from Sydney too?

My citizenship timeline:

July 2nd 2019: citizenship applied

march 27 2020: 1st invitation for interview and test cancelled due to covid

August 7 2020:  2nd invitation for interview and test cancelled due to covid.

September 2nd 2020: finally did test and interview, got approval same day.

4 hours ago, Cairns123456677 said:

Oh hey guys,

I got my citizenship approval on 20th of November 2020 in Cairns city QLD,

Although there are many people who are waiting for this way longer than I am, I feel a quite stressful haha. (This is my personal right? :D)

This is because I postponed all my money using (buying house, car and more) after the citizenship ceremony.  

My car has a big trouble and really want to move my place so this time giving me a massive stresses haha. 

Is there any news (invitation letter) for the people who got their file approved between September to December last year?

I found that the ceremony letter is regarding the approval date rather than applying date is it collect?

Cheers waiters!

Hi , i am from cairns too , got my approval on 15th dec but i know a friend who is waiting from 6th nov 20 . And i have a friend who got invited on 26th january 21 passed the test on 20th of oct so you might be next for march ceremony , i know it’s hard but have to play this waiting game ..

12 hours ago, Cairns 15 dec said:

Hi , i am from cairns too , got my approval on 15th dec but i know a friend who is waiting from 6th nov 20 . And i have a friend who got invited on 26th january 21 passed the test on 20th of oct so you might be next for march ceremony , i know it’s hard but have to play this waiting game ..

There is a ceremony on 18th of Feb as well my brother.

Thanks for the overall timeline 😄

So I attended my Citizenship Interview today. The lady who took my case was very nice and friendly, she told me that she would look through all the documents I have uploaded and if she needed to see any additional documents, she would tell me. She didn't ask for any additional documents except my Medicare card (I have prepared everything in my bag just in case though).

She asked me only 1 question, whether or not I have had any offences including traffic offences before, I honestly told her that I had a couple speeding tickets, she asked me whether or not I had to go to court for those, I said no, then all good!

My timeline:

• 23/12/2019: application submitted, Melbourne Southeast surburb
  • Some time in Feb 2020 I received invitation for Citizenship Interview on 27/05/2020, then it was postponed not long after due to the pandemic
  • 28/01/2021: received invitation to a Citizenship Interview on 25/02/2021, rescheduled to 05/02/2021
  • 05/02/2021: Citizenship Interview, all the process was verrry quick! I was inside only 20 minutes 😄, approved on spot (the officer told me that she approved the application after I've got 100% mark on her iPad, it would show up immediately on my ImmiAccount, I've just logged in and had a look, my application was approved)
  • waiting for ceremony invitation, the lady there tole me that I'll probably need to wait up to 6 months for it...

19 minutes ago, David Ng said:

So I attended my Citizenship Interview today. The lady who took my case was very nice and friendly, she told me that she would look through all the documents I have uploaded and if she needed to see any additional documents, she would tell me. She didn't ask for any additional documents except my Medicare card (I have prepared everything in my bag just in case though).

She asked me only 1 question, whether or not I have had any offences including traffic offences before, I honestly told her that I had a couple speeding tickets, she asked me whether or not I had to go to court for those, I said no, then all good!

My timeline:

• 23/12/2019: application submitted, Melbourne Southeast surburb
  • Some time in Feb 2020 I received invitation for Citizenship Interview on 27/05/2020, then it was postponed not long after due to the pandemic
  • 28/01/2021: received invitation to a Citizenship Interview on 25/02/2021, rescheduled to 05/02/2021
  • 05/02/2021: Citizenship Interview, all the process was verrry quick! I was inside only 20 minutes 😄, approved on spot (the officer told me that she approved the application after I've got 100% mark on her iPad, it would show up immediately on my ImmiAccount, I've just logged in and had a look, my application was approved)
  • waiting for ceremony invitation, the lady there tole me that I'll probably need to wait up to 6 months for it...

Congratulations on the approval.

Could you please tell us how many applicants roughly were there with you. Your overall observation / guess on how many people attending the office each day for test based on how many you saw there in your timeslot ?

Edited by Act