Registered Nurse 189

CoraLo

The points level for a 190 is always a bit of a black art as they don't publish these things, what you can see on the NSW website is that any and all nurses are considered a "limited" spaces career for 2019/2020 invites (they rate careers as "High, Medium, Low, Limited, Closed" availability)

This suggests that a nurse 190 might be more competitive (harder to obtain invite) than a career such as motor mechanic (rated medium).

These will change in July when they publish the list for next year but no one knows what they will be then so it's useless trying to guess, they may decide it's now a High availablity role or they may remove it from the list - it's entirely up to them

When counting years of work experience for the points system, does it have to be specifically registered nurse experience or does pre-reg nurse, student nurse experience, healthcare assistance work count?

I only ask as I am reading that you can claim points for work that is “consistent with a career advancement pathway” ?

15 minutes ago, CoraLo said:

When counting years of work experience for the points system, does it have to be specifically registered nurse experience or does pre-reg nurse, student nurse experience, healthcare assistance work count?

I only ask as I am reading that you can claim points for work that is “consistent with a career advancement pathway” ?

Post degree qualification experience.

With 75 points of my own and 15 for having an eligible family member living in a regional area of Australia, would I be likely to get an invitation after submitting an EOI? (Looking for 189 in NSW)
Also, does said family member need to pay anything?