Moving to the Uk - Transport

Ws2909

What's the go with Public transport in the UK. I know about the oyster card (£50 per 10 days), I believe that's just in London area though (correct me if I'm wrong). Isn't there some card you can get that's a decent price for 1 year and allows you to travel just about everywhere in the UK? Anyways, can you let me know what travel cards you got (or if you didn't) and roughly the cost?

Thankyou!

I had one of these back in the day: https://www.thetrainline.com/trains/great-britain/railcards/16-25-railcard and the National Express coachcard.

Trainpal was being advertised at the beginning of virtually every video on YouTube a few months ago. Most annoying ad ever, but apparently it's an "absolutely sick app" that helps you save lots of money on travel...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ws2909 said:

What's the go with Public transport in the UK. I know about the oyster card (£50 per 10 days), I believe that's just in London area though (correct me if I'm wrong). Isn't there some card you can get that's a decent price for 1 year and allows you to travel just about everywhere in the UK? Anyways, can you let me know what travel cards you got (or if you didn't) and roughly the cost?

Thankyou!

No. Apart from the young person's/student card stated above, which gets you discounted tickets, there is no UK-wide travel card, as the trains are operated by different companies.

For 12 months Oxford to London travel card I paid about £6k.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2020 at 11:58, LobsterMobster said:

I had one of these back in the day: https://www.thetrainline.com/trains/great-britain/railcards/16-25-railcard and the National Express coachcard.

Trainpal was being advertised at the beginning of virtually every video on YouTube a few months ago. Most annoying ad ever, but apparently it's an "absolutely sick app" that helps you save lots of money on travel...

Awesome! Thanks so much. Will definitely check the app out

On 07/02/2020 at 13:01, DukeNinja said:

No. Apart from the young person's/student card stated above, which gets you discounted tickets, there is no UK-wide travel card, as the trains are operated by different companies.

For 12 months Oxford to London travel card I paid about £6k.

OK! thank you for letting me know :))