Car Hire

Guest kenpom

Guest kenpom

Hi All,

We are coming for a couple of weeks holiday in August and are flying into Sydney airport.

We are going to hire a car ( 2 adults 3 kids) for a fortnight but my god are the rates expensive.

Anyone any ideas or knowledge of any good deals going?

Hi ken,

If you come down to the coast here, theres a company called rent a reck (i dont think the cars are as bad as they sound) approx $25 aday, supposed to be the cheapest around, i will ask hubby tonight & let you know

Guest kenpom
Hi ken,

If you come down to the coast here, theres a company called rent a reck (i dont think the cars are as bad as they sound) approx $25 aday, supposed to be the cheapest around, i will ask hubby tonight & let you know

Thanks Ju, but we are picking up at Sydney airport and thats why it is expensive.

Just found it is couple hundred cheaper to book on lasminute.com

Thanks Ju, but we are picking up at Sydney airport and thats why it is expensive.

Ok Ken, no worries,

Don't forget your fleece/jumper its rather chilly here at the mo & August is the last month of winter here, give us a yell if you wanna meet up for a beer

ju

I was going to suggest you try lastminute.com as well or holidayautos.co.uk

We used both of those and the vehicles were through Thrifty. Going direct to them is also an option www.thrifty.com.au They load the price to collect from the airport but you may find it is cheaper to get a cab to their office in town and pick up the car from there.

Lyn

Guest kenpom
Ok Ken, no worries,

Don't forget your fleece/jumper its rather chilly here at the mo & August is the last month of winter here, give us a yell if you wanna meet up for a beer

ju

Will do.

We are staying for a week at the beachfront complex at Umina, then houseboat for 3 nights then Sydney for 4 nights.

Ken

Archived