New Zealand Citizen

Kramvi

Hi all 

It's been a while that I was here before just wanting advice on how to migrate to Australia.  If this topic is already under some other headline administrator please move this thread there.   

I have been a New Zealand Citizen for the past few years.   I have a business of my own and a job I work in.   I have a property and business under my name here.  

I was wondering what the procedure for NZ Citizens was to get a PR in Australia.   I am already 54 years old.  Is it too late now?  I was wanting to move there to complete my doctorate that I had started years ago and left half way.  Is the procedure the same for NZ citizens as of any other country or is the process any easier? 

Would appreciate any advice on this please .   Thanks so much guys

Edited by Kramvi
addition

18 minutes ago, Kramvi said:

Hi all 

It's been a while that I was here before just wanting advice on how to migrate to Australia.  If this topic is already under some other headline administrator please move this thread there.   

I have been a New Zealand Citizen for the past few years.   I have a business of my own and a job I work in.   I have a property and business under my name here.  

I was wondering what the procedure for NZ Citizens was to get a PR in Australia.   I am already 54 years old.  Is it too late now?  I was wanting to move there to complete my doctorate that I had started years ago and left half way.  Is the procedure the same for NZ citizens as of any other country or is the process any easier? 

Would appreciate any advice on this please .   Thanks so much guys

I think you can live in Australia for as long as you want, but if you want pr you have to apply for it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.govt.nz/browse/leaving-nz/travel-or-move-to-australia/&ved=2ahUKEwjClMb_lbPnAhXSEcAKHV1KDykQFjABegQIDhAG&usg=AOvVaw0cVPHoGg3LHEVpSqKj2Mra&cshid=1580657188687

• 2 months later...
On 03/02/2020 at 04:29, newjez said:

Hi Newjez

Thank you for the links   I went through them and sadly it seems that I do not qulify for skilled migration as I am already 54 years of age.   Since I am a New Zealand Citizen the most logical thing  to do would be to start working in Australia and after 5 years apply for a PR there    

But it is still not clear what field qualifies for this kind of PR   I have been working in the hospitality management field and at the same time I want to complete my doctorate from Australia  Not sure if part time work will also qualify as a trade that will be considered as contributing to Australia   In the link it says that one should have been contributing to Australia through one's trade and also that this trade should be exceptional

Any help on this will be highly appreciated   Thanks so much folks  

On 10/04/2020 at 21:53, Kramvi said:

Hi Newjez

Thank you for the links   I went through them and sadly it seems that I do not qulify for skilled migration as I am already 54 years of age.   Since I am a New Zealand Citizen the most logical thing  to do would be to start working in Australia and after 5 years apply for a PR there    

But it is still not clear what field qualifies for this kind of PR   I have been working in the hospitality management field and at the same time I want to complete my doctorate from Australia  Not sure if part time work will also qualify as a trade that will be considered as contributing to Australia   In the link it says that one should have been contributing to Australia through one's trade and also that this trade should be exceptional

Any help on this will be highly appreciated   Thanks so much folks  

I'm not an expert on this, but hopefully one will be along soon.