Tra and rpl Advice needed for fibrous and solid plasterer

Hi there,

im currently looking to migrate to Australia, I’m English and have a nvq level 1 in plastering and have found out that I need to be at least a level 3.  
my question is do I need to get RPL assessment first before I can get a positive TRA assessment.

i have 8 years to date work experience I can prove with payslips etc.. was just worried that the nvq level 1 in plastering isn’t enough. 

Also can I do these assessments from the uk?

any advice would be massively appreciated.

many thanks elliot 

You must do the assessment in the UK. It's something that potential migrants have to do to satisfy Immigration, so it's always going to be in your country of origin.

You do normally need Level 3, but if you have many years of experience, sometimes they'll take that instead. However you won't know if they'll accept it or not until you apply.

The more important thing is to check whether you can get enough points.   You need at least 65 points before you're even allowed to apply - however it's not a queue, it's a competition. The people with the highest points get picked first, even if they applied after you.   Right now, there are so many people applying with 80+ points, anyone with less than that is just languishing in the queue and never getting picked.  

Edited by Marisawright

10 hours ago, Marisawright said:

You must do the assessment in the UK. It's something that potential migrants have to do to satisfy Immigration, so it's always going to be in your country of origin.

You do normally need Level 3, but if you have many years of experience, sometimes they'll take that instead. However you won't know if they'll accept it or not until you apply.

The more important thing is to check whether you can get enough points.   You need at least 65 points before you're even allowed to apply - however it's not a queue, it's a competition. The people with the highest points get picked first, even if they applied after you.   Right now, there are so many people applying with 80+ points, anyone with less than that is just languishing in the queue and never getting picked.  

Is it not also the case that they only look at experience after you get the qualification?

So if they were to get Level 3 today they'd have 0 years experience? I know that's the case for university qualifications

Is it not also the case that they only look at experience after you get the qualification?
So if they were to get Level 3 today they'd have 0 years experience? I know that's the case for university qualifications
No, they would take 3 years away from the 8 years experience as ”apprentice experience”.
That was what happened with me anyway.