457 new nomination sponsorship submitted but 90 days without a sponsor coming up soon

Ciaran88

Hey guys, I am absolutely beside myself with anxiety due to this. I have a 457 that expires September 2020, and I have been without a sponsor for about 70 days, obviously it will expire at day 90 if I don't find another sponsor.

However, I have, my previous employer is re-sponsoring me in the same role. They have submitted the nomination but I have seen waiting times for this to be approved in the order of weeks and months when searching this forum.. That will result in me losing my visa and all sorts of other hell.

Unless, if the employer has submitted the nomination, will my visa keep ticking along until a decision is made?

On 22/12/2019 at 06:11, Ciaran88 said:

Hey guys, I am absolutely beside myself with anxiety due to this. I have a 457 that expires September 2020, and I have been without a sponsor for about 70 days, obviously it will expire at day 90 if I don't find another sponsor.

However, I have, my previous employer is re-sponsoring me in the same role. They have submitted the nomination but I have seen waiting times for this to be approved in the order of weeks and months when searching this forum.. That will result in me losing my visa and all sorts of other hell.

Unless, if the employer has submitted the nomination, will my visa keep ticking along until a decision is made?

Unfortunately not. If your nomination and visa isn’t sorted by day 90, you’d have to leave. However if they were approved nominees before then it should be quick.. days even

• 1 month later...
On 22/12/2019 at 07:11, Ciaran88 said:

Your visa will not expire after 90 days, that's not how it works.