Proof - phone bill in my dads name . Can he write a letter stating it’s my phone and that he got the contract for me

Guest Annaa

Hi guys , for evidence I want to use phone bills which are calls I’ve made to my husband . The only problem is that my phone contract is in my dads name . If I get my dad to write a letter stating that it’s in his name but I’m the one who uses the phone will that we ok or do I have to get it transferred into my name . Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

It's too late to get it transferred into your name.   A letter from your father is the best you can do.

Thank you 🙂 I will make sure to get a letter from my dad and for him to sign it 

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

It's too late to get it transferred into your name.   A letter from your father is the best you can do.

Marisawright - would they need this letter to be a sworn affidavit (i.e. winessed by a solicitor or similar) or would a simple signed letter suffice?

I know in our application (for a different visa than a partner one) anyhting like this needed to be a sworn statement

2 hours ago, TBD said:

Can't you turn this into a wider statement/ affidavit from your Father about your relationship (knows our husband, met him, attended the wedding, etc. as appropriate) in which a bit about your mobile phone would just be a part?

Yes my father has known him for over 7 years and have proof of family holidays , weddings , birthdays etc together . My dad is going to do a 888 form and also a state dec form about my phone being in his name .