Partner visa - is New Zealand classified offshore ?

Guest Marki

I’m currently in Australia, my wife needs to sponsor me . I need to apply offshore as I’m unable to apply in Australia. Can I go to New Zealand. ? Is that offshore or is New Zealand part of Australia ? Thanks 

1 minute ago, paulhand said:

Don’t say that too loudly in Auckland! New Zealand is abroad. Why can’t you apply in Australia?

So that means I won’t be able to go to New Zealand to apply offshore ? Immigration are saying that I need to apply offshore as my visa here in Australia is running out and unable to apply within Australia @paulhand

9 hours ago, paulhand said:

Don’t say that too loudly in Auckland! New Zealand is abroad. Why can’t you apply in Australia?

9 hours ago, Marki said:

So that means I won’t be able to go to New Zealand to apply offshore ? Immigration are saying that I need to apply offshore as my visa here in Australia is running out and unable to apply within Australia @paulhand

“Abroad” = offshore.

Based on what you are posting, I would suggest that you contact a Registered Migration Agent to discuss your options. Don’t rely on what “immigration” tell you. 

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

“Abroad” = offshore.

Based on what you are posting, I would suggest that you contact a Registered Migration Agent to discuss your options. Don’t rely on what “immigration” tell you. 

Thanks mate . Yeah I’ve paid for migration agents one person tells me I can and one person says no so it’s all confusing . I guess I’ll have to ask someone else as well just in case . Thanks mate 

5 hours ago, Nemesis said:

What visa do you currently hold?

Right now I’m on the bridging visa E . It runs out in 4 months so I have to go offshore to apply for partner visa 

5 hours ago, Skani said:

New Zealand is an independent country quite separate from Australia.

Awesome thanks , I guess I’ll go to New Zealand than so it’s closer for my wife to come and see me .