Divorce on 489 Visa

Neha123

Hi everyone

I am a secondary applicant of 489 visa and we are on bridging visa to 489 , but me and my husband has decided to get divorce soon after getting 489(regional) visa. My question is will my visa be cancelled as I am a secondary applicant? or can I also stay in regional areas and fulfill all the criteria and apply for PR after 2 years? Does affect my 489 visa ?

Thank you

Neha

• 3 months later...
On 01/11/2019 at 03:05, Neha123 said:

Hi everyone

I am a secondary applicant of 489 visa and we are on bridging visa to 489 , but me and my husband has decided to get divorce soon after getting 489(regional) visa. My question is will my visa be cancelled as I am a secondary applicant? or can I also stay in regional areas and fulfill all the criteria and apply for PR after 2 years? Does affect my 489 visa ?

Thank you

Neha

surely it will be cancelled. secondary applicant is based on primary applicant as it is also a temporary visa which needs to meet visa satisfaction. Let us know the visa outcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 01/11/2019 at 02:35, Neha123 said:

Hi everyone

Thank you

Neha

Hi any information 

• 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, lewisant48 said:

Hi there, this has happened to me sadly. 489 granted, haven't been able to get to Australia due to Covid-19 and we have separated and will be getting a divorce.

Not sure where i stand as the partner on the visa...so sad and so frustrating. Just want some sort of happy ending to all this.

You will need to inform the Department of your change in circumstances ... 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...