309 visa requirements - New member needing help

DamoC

Hi, 

I am new to this forum, so apologies if this question has been asked 1001 times previously. 

Is there a certain amount of documents or certain documents that need to be uploaded on to the visa application to get it to be allocated to a CO or is it just the luck of the draw on how quick your own individual case gets picked up?

Can any one provide any recent timelines on when they submitted their application and got a CO appointed. 

Any answers or suggestions on ways to help get the visa allocated to a CO or tips to get the visa approved first time would be really helpful for keeping some of my hairs from all going grey...

1 hour ago, DamoC said:

Hi, 

I am new to this forum, so apologies if this question has been asked 1001 times previously. 

Is there a certain amount of documents or certain documents that need to be uploaded on to the visa application to get it to be allocated to a CO or is it just the luck of the draw on how quick your own individual case gets picked up?

Can any one provide any recent timelines on when they submitted their application and got a CO appointed. 

Any answers or suggestions on ways to help get the visa allocated to a CO or tips to get the visa approved first time would be really helpful for keeping some of my hairs from all going grey...

Where are you applying from? 

You have a document limit so don’t use it all as you may get a request for more documents. 

Its luck of the draw in some form of time order. Nothing will get you processed quicker! 

Only 1 month ago. Medicals all done and uploaded. Police certificate came back today(no trace, phew), so will be uploaded tomorrow. I was hoping that once these got uploaded it would trigger them to appoint a CO, as all other documents filled in and completed as much as possible. I guess not. 😞 
Has anyone else applied in the last few months got any further than received as their status? 
Thanks Damian

Edited by DamoC

3 minutes ago, DamoC said:

Only 1 month ago. Medicals all done and uploaded. Police certificate came back today(no trace, phew), so will be uploaded tomorrow. I was hoping that once these got uploaded it would trigger them to appoint a CO, as all other documents filled in and completed as much as possible. I guess not. 😞 
Has anyone else applied in the last few months got any further than received as their status? 
Thanks Damian

Three things. One of which is important and one very important. 

1. (Not important!). Applications lodged in the UK are currently taking about a year. So, I am afraid you have a fair while to go. 

2. (Important). There was little point in doing medicals or police checks yet as you may be required to do them again - they are only valid for year. That is if you are lucky. If you are unlucky, you could be faced with having to make a sudden (and expensive) trip to Oz, as you have to make first entry within 12 months of medical or police check, which ever is first. So, if you get a grant 364 days after medical. You have a day to get there. At the same time, they don't speed up the process, they will just sit there until the co would have asked for them in a fair few months time. 

3. (Very Important). A police check stating "no live trace" usually means there there is something there. Have you declared everything that you should have, as they will no usually come back to you for an explanation. 

Hi very stormy,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The police check came back as NO TRACE, which on the cover letter states ‘You do not have any conviction, Cautions, final warnings or reprimands’.

The no live trace is the next one down but that doesn’t apply to me. Thankfully.

Thanks for the update on timescales for Applications to be processed. I am getting married in May 2020, so I will have to go for a 2 week holiday/honeymoon and come back which will be gutting to day the least. 

let’s hope I get my visa granted with more than 1 day to spare for the meds and police check. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks again for the info, it’s much appreciated 

3 hours ago, DamoC said:

Hi very stormy,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The police check came back as NO TRACE, which on the cover letter states ‘You do not have any conviction, Cautions, final warnings or reprimands’.

The no live trace is the next one down but that doesn’t apply to me. Thankfully.

Thanks for the update on timescales for Applications to be processed. I am getting married in May 2020, so I will have to go for a 2 week holiday/honeymoon and come back which will be gutting to day the least. 

let’s hope I get my visa granted with more than 1 day to spare for the meds and police check. Fingers crossed. 

Thanks again for the info, it’s much appreciated 

I applied in July and have heard nothing at all. I am flying out on a 600 visitor visa in February