How long left?

Martynd

Hi all,

Would love some insight on how long we have left! On Monday we submitted our EOI and state nom application. I am a plumber and submitted with 70 points, we are going to SA on the 190 visa!

I know the processing times are 12-14 weeks for the EOI but would love to know any trades that have applied for the same state on the same visa?

Thanks

11 hours ago, Martynd said:

Hi all,

Would love some insight on how long we have left! On Monday we submitted our EOI and state nom application. I am a plumber and submitted with 70 points, we are going to SA on the 190 visa!

I know the processing times are 12-14 weeks for the EOI but would love to know any trades that have applied for the same state on the same visa?

Thanks

Hi Martyn

I applied to SA for a 190 visa in February as a metal fabricator. At the time processing was 4 - 5 weeks and I got my EOI approved bang on 4 weeks.

Submitted my visa application at the the end of april and received CO contact at the start of this week.

Medicals booked for next thursday then all being well I may receive my visa before xmas.

Hi Martyn
I applied to SA for a 190 visa in February as a metal fabricator. At the time processing was 4 - 5 weeks and I got my EOI approved bang on 4 weeks.
Submitted my visa application at the the end of april and received CO contact at the start of this week.
Medicals booked for next thursday then all being well I may receive my visa before xmas.

Wow pretty quick for you! What is co contact? Hope you get it soon! 🤞🏼

1 hour ago, Martynd said:

Wow pretty quick for you! What is co contact? Hope you get it soon! 🤞🏼

Case Officer - the immigration guy or gal who decides if you get in or not...

If you get pulled out of the queue by a state/territory (or have masses of points for a 189) then the process isn't that long really, what takes the time is the wait to be invited to lodge a visa application - that all depends on points, language ability and the need of your career down under

Case Officer - the immigration guy or gal who decides if you get in or not...
If you get pulled out of the queue by a state/territory (or have masses of points for a 189) then the process isn't that long really, what takes the time is the wait to be invited to lodge a visa application - that all depends on points, language ability and the need of your career down under

Thanks for the reply! 🤞🏼 it goes smoothly and quickly

3 hours ago, Martynd said:

Thanks for the reply! 🤞🏼 it goes smoothly and quickly

If things go in a similar way, I'm about 4/6 weeks behind Lavers in the queue - so I'll update you when/if I get a CO contact (I've already done the medicals and police stuff so might get it as a direct grant with no contact at all)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
If things go in a similar way, I'm about 4/6 weeks behind Lavers in the queue - so I'll update you when/if I get a CO contact (I've already done the medicals and police stuff so might get it as a direct grant with no contact at all)

Yes if you could that would be great! I hope this change in November isn’t going to effect us too much! They are closing the 190 application from November 16th to early December (date to be confirmed) my EOI and state nom form is in. However if I get an invite where does that leave me? 🤦🏻‍♂️