NSW State application processing time

madz

Hi all.

Does anyone have any recent experience with NSW state application processing times? I have found conflicting info on their own website that they quote either 6 weeks or 12 weeks. 

My visa expires 6 weeks from lodgement so what are my chances at getting an answer before?

I have had the invitation, this is for the $330 state application

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Jelly said:

Mine took 3 days a few months ago.

14 hours ago, Maria Demonte said:

Mine took 3 days; applied in August 2019 for State nomination. Good luck to you

Can I ask what visa you were applying for, your points you occupation please? We are 190 for plumber with 70 points so trying to look at comparisons. Thanks 

13 minutes ago, Smith270310 said:

Thank you for your reply, yes I gathered that. I know the visa applications take a lot longer than that! 

There are three "waiting" periods

1) The period of time waiting on an Expression Of Interest to be acknowledged (once it is you get your invite to apply for nomination) - this takes as long as it takes (ours was 48 hours others have been months - it depends on how well you match the current priorities - which aren't published)

2) Once invited you have a short time in which to reply (2 or 4 weeks from memory) with a nomination application (how long this bit takes is in your control) and then once submitted the state is taking 6-12 weeks to make a decision on nomination (Ours was 6 weeks but others have been longer)

3) Assuming you get a nomination they invite you to apply to immigration for the VISA - you have 2 months to apply before the nomination times out. Once you apply it is 7-13 months to get a VISA decision from that point (In the majoroty of cases)

10 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

There are three "waiting" periods

1) The period of time waiting on an Expression Of Interest to be acknowledged (once it is you get your invite to apply for nomination) - this takes as long as it takes (ours was 48 hours others have been months - it depends on how well you match the current priorities - which aren't published)

2) Once invited you have a short time in which to reply (2 or 4 weeks from memory) with a nomination application (how long this bit takes is in your control) and then once submitted the state is taking 6-12 weeks to make a decision on nomination (Ours was 6 weeks but others have been longer)

3) Assuming you get a nomination they invite you to apply to immigration for the VISA - you have 2 months to apply before the nomination times out. Once you apply it is 7-13 months to get a VISA decision from that point (In the majoroty of cases)

Thanks for the reply.

It seems as if there is no consistent processing time for the state sponsor either; you quoted 6 weeks while others have said 3 days. I saw on another forum that 1 guy who applied 1 day after me has been invited to apply, while i have heard nothing. 

6 hours ago, madz said:

Thanks for the reply.

It seems as if there is no consistent processing time for the state sponsor either; you quoted 6 weeks while others have said 3 days. I saw on another forum that 1 guy who applied 1 day after me has been invited to apply, while i have heard nothing. 

Sorry you are mis-reading either my post or the other persons post.

When you submit your EOI saying you would like to be considered for a 190 visa the response to that may well only take 3 days (equally you may never get a response) - that response invites you to apply for state nomination.

The state nomination piece is pretty rigid (as it is a first on first out queue) so it will rarely be under 4 weeks (and almost certainly not 3 days)

Once you get a positive nomination back you can then apply to immigration for the VISA

Just to reiterate you need the following (in this rough order)

1) Lodge an EOI requesting 190 sponsorship (to do this you need to have enough points - at least 60 prior to sponsorship - and a career on the 190 list

2) Assuming you get invited to apply for sponsorship you need your english test scores (if claiming points for that) and your AITLS/VETASSESS etc review

3) Assuming you get a positive response from your sponsorship application you then recieve a link to the immigration system to put in your visa application (this part alone is at least a 7 month wait after submission to get an outcome)

11 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Sorry you are mis-reading either my post or the other persons post.

When you submit your EOI saying you would like to be considered for a 190 visa the response to that may well only take 3 days (equally you may never get a response) - that response invites you to apply for state nomination.

The state nomination piece is pretty rigid (as it is a first on first out queue) so it will rarely be under 4 weeks (and almost certainly not 3 days)

Once you get a positive nomination back you can then apply to immigration for the VISA

That is not correct. The state nomination piece took 3 days.

To make this clear:

• Waited 1 month after EOI submission to receive NSW invite.
  • Waited 3 days for NSW to approve the nomination
  • Currently waiting on visa decision

Edited by Jelly

10 hours ago, Jelly said:

That is not correct. The state nomination piece took 3 days.

To make this clear:

• Waited 1 month after EOI submission to receive NSW invite.
  • Waited 3 days for NSW to approve the nomination
  • Currently waiting on visa decision

Ok - that is quick; mine was longer and most others I've heard of are too, but I guess there is no reason why it needs to be longer

Stand corrected 🙂

That said, we ended waiting about the same time for our decision, my EOI to invite was 2 days and invite to approve was 3 weeks

Edited by Ausvisitor

11 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

Ok - that is quick; mine was longer and most others I've heard of are too, but I guess there is no reason why it needs to be longer

Stand corrected 🙂

That said, we ended waiting about the same time for our decision, my EOI to invite was 2 days and invite to approve was 3 weeks

No worries! It seems like most things are completely random when it comes to applying for visas 😋