Change of visa stream whilst on Bridging Visa

Kpnuts

My daughter came to Aus 5 years ago and has been on Working Holiday Visas and more latterly a Student Visa. My wife an I are now Permanent Residents having arrived in Aus in a 143 two years ago. Due to my daughters Student Visa coming to a close, we have put her on to a Last Remaining Relative stream. A Bridging Visa was granted and obviously she follows the same rules as her Student Visa albeit she is in full time work as she is not following any course of study.

Almost 2 years ago she met a guy who is an Aus Citizen. They have bought a house together and the property is in joint title. Due to the relationship she would like to change her visa to a Partner Visa to enable a more realistic time before she is granted PR notwithstanding their wish to get married.

She has picked up some info that if she now changes her visa application from a Last Remaining Relative to a Partner Visa, she will lose her work rights?

I would have thought her work rights would remain the same as her last substantive visa?

Any views please?

2 hours ago, Kpnuts said:

My daughter came to Aus 5 years ago and has been on Working Holiday Visas and more latterly a Student Visa. My wife an I are now Permanent Residents having arrived in Aus in a 143 two years ago. Due to my daughters Student Visa coming to a close, we have put her on to a Last Remaining Relative stream. A Bridging Visa was granted and obviously she follows the same rules as her Student Visa albeit she is in full time work as she is not following any course of study.

Almost 2 years ago she met a guy who is an Aus Citizen. They have bought a house together and the property is in joint title. Due to the relationship she would like to change her visa to a Partner Visa to enable a more realistic time before she is granted PR notwithstanding their wish to get married.

She has picked up some info that if she now changes her visa application from a Last Remaining Relative to a Partner Visa, she will lose her work rights?

I would have thought her work rights would remain the same as her last substantive visa?

Any views please?

Hindsight is wonderful but hy on earth didn't she go the Partner route straight away?

Professional advice would be sensible, as its now quite complex.

Hindsight is wonderful but hy on earth didn't she go the Partner route straight away?

They didn’t qualify at that time and the only way forward for her to remain in Aus was to apply for the LRRV.

8 hours ago, Nemesis said:

I agree - you really should get some professional help with this as there are quite a few moving parts to contend with. 

Edited by paulhand