Passing away of newly arrived parent

Shanks

50 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Hi anyone knows if a parent arrived under parent visa 143 then passed away in less  than 1 year, are there any possibilities of obtaining some refund if it was a contributory payment visa ie I paid $43k for each parent. Thank you. 

Sorry not sure but I doubt it. I guess when we are talking about parents of adults living in Oz they are likely to be of the older generation so this could and will happen.  It’s a tough blow though, the sadness of losing the parent and the huge cost of something cut very short. Someone may be along to say otherwise but I’d be very surprised if you’d get any refund. You paid for something and got it.  Horrible situation. 

Edited by Tulip1

6 hours ago, Shanks said:

Thank you all for your thoughts and condolences. And it's correct, you don't ask you don't know and they can only say no. Much appreciated. 

So sorry for your loss!

You should be able to get the AOS bond back for that parent I would have thought. Unlikely the visa fees but as others have said it can’t hurt to ask.