Second working holiday visa issues.

Vardy88

Hi all, I entered Australia in 2009 on a working holiday visa but didn't end up working, I just used three months of holiday time.  I am now applying for a working holiday visa and having but the system is not letting me proceed with my application as I have already been granted one in 2009.  It also stated that I need to complete 3 months or agricultural work before applying for my second working holiday visa.  I am really struggling to to see what my options are going forward? And if I didn't complete any paid work in 2009 would I still be eligable for my first working holiday Visa?  Who is best to contact about my situation?

Thanks 

Since you entered Australia while holding your original WHV, it activated and has been used up.  The fact that you didn't work is irrelevant, it's a holiday+work visa and you came on a holiday.  To be eligible for a second WHV, you must have completed 3 months eligible regional work while holding the first WHV.

Options going forward will depend on whether you are eligible for any other type of visa, which usually depends on your occupation/skills, whether you're in a relationship with an Australian citizen/PR holder, etc.

Ok thank you for your help.  So is there a chance that I would be allowed to enter to complete 3 month regional work or is that out of the question now?  I am an Electrical Engineer by trade so would it make sense to go down the Skilled work visa route instead?

50 minutes ago, Vardy88 said:

Ok thank you for your help.  So is there a chance that I would be allowed to enter to complete 3 month regional work or is that out of the question now?  I am an Electrical Engineer by trade so would it make sense to go down the Skilled work visa route instead?

No chance whatsoever on the option of coming in to do 3 months regional work. You've had the visa you are entitled to, you squandered it on a three month holiday (that you could have done as a simple visitor). 

Your only option for a work visa now is one of the more formal temporary or permanent visas; these are expensive and take some time to apply for

Not what you wanted to hear I guess

Second working holiday visa only for those who completed the required regional work. No options for that route again. Engineers are generally in demand and would depend on your points score and skills assessment outcome. Skilled visa would not be a quick solution but a longer term commitment to moving to Australia.