Skilled 190 to SA

Martynd

22 minutes ago, Smith270310 said:

Lol let me know if you find a magic answer! Are you going to try and clarify with you agent next week? I had never considered this other visa so going to do a little research. We have 65 points atm, (well when his trades assessment is passed) Darren is hoping to get another 10 with his superior then we won’t go for any state nomination. We have the option to not get the extra 10 and go for the nomination. I’m just holding back on a nomination a little as I want to freedom to move if we get there and want to. I would rather settle earlier into the process and be sure we are in the right place for the kids and ourself, getting into a school community hopefully meeting friends. How to you pick a place you want to stay without actually being there and getting a feel first? It’s such a big decision and I’m sure we would settle wherever we chose but there is just this niggle in the back of my head. 

That’s true, it’s a difficult decision to make and a lot of commitment. But sadly currently they are inviting only 80+ 😞

• Like 1

Just now, Martynd said:

Apparently SA are accepting on 65points? So my agent informed me?

That’s for the 190, not the 189. And I dnt think they are inviting at 65 points. How many points do you currently have, without  the points for English? Btw if you dnt mind me asking what’s the name of your agent?

37 minutes ago, Smith270310 said:

My husbands agent has said 75 would be enough to go for the 189? Everything you read is conflicting! 

During the September invitation round 85 points was the lowest tho. 

Unfortunately, although you can lodge an Expression of Interest with 65 points, the DHA have not invited applicants for a considerable time as only the highest ranked applicants by points score are being invited to apply for a subclass 189 visa for Australia. In the last published invitation round held on 11 September 2019,  applicants with a points score of 85 whose Date of Effect was 03 August  2019 received invitations. A total of 100 applicants were invited to submit a Skilled Independent visa application.

Edited by Areyousure
  • Like 1

I think that with a 190 state sponsored visa that the state can pick who they want to nominate.
So if they want some plumbers then they will nominate you with the 65points.

I hope you right 🤦🏻‍♂️ given the fact that my wife also has a skill on the shortage list and we will be taking our two children maybe we would be the likely candidates 🤞🏼 see how it goes, I’m still going to keep ploughing on with the English just to boost the points if necessary.

10 hours ago, Martynd said:

I hope you right 🤦🏻‍♂️ given the fact that my wife also has a skill on the shortage list and we will be taking our two children maybe we would be the likely candidates 🤞🏼 see how it goes, I’m still going to keep ploughing on with the English just to boost the points if necessary.

If the state you want to move to is sponsoring your trade then it may be worth just going down the 190 route, its the same as the 189 apart from that you have to stay in the state for 2yrs (Which is nothing really).

Processing times for the 189 are showing 11 - 22 months at the minute where as the 190 is at 9 - 10 months.

I was going for the 189 but missed out on the 20 points twice by 0.5 of a point in my IELTS, then I read more about the 190 and SA where sponsoring my trade and that was the state I fancied anyway.

• Like 1

I hope you right [emoji2359] given the fact that my wife also has a skill on the shortage list and we will be taking our two children maybe we would be the likely candidates [emoji1694] see how it goes, I’m still going to keep ploughing on with the English just to boost the points if necessary.
Hi mate.

I was accepted with 65 points last December. Have since had my visa granted on 2nd July 2019.

My application was for a 190 with a wife and 3 children also.

Like laver has said, when it comes to the 190 visa I don't think it's necessarily down to points total it's a combination of everything else attached to the application like profession, who else is going over, character etc.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you.
  • Congratulations 1

Thanks mate that takes a lot of stress off my shoulders. My EOI will be logged shortly just gathering all my documents for the application at present. Are you in Aus now? What state have you gone for?
Hi mate.

I go in 4 weeks time and heading to Adelaide.

Nerves kicking in now but imagine that's normal lol.

Where are you heading to?
It's a nice feeling when all your documents are sent and finally get a invite. It's just the long wait for the grant then though.
  • Like 1

Hi mate.

I go in 4 weeks time and heading to Adelaide.

Nerves kicking in now but imagine that's normal lol.

Where are you heading to?
It's a nice feeling when all your documents are sent and finally get a invite. It's just the long wait for the grant then though.

I bet mate that’s awesome, hoping to head to Adelaide too! What part of Adelaide are you going to?

If the state you want to move to is sponsoring your trade then it may be worth just going down the 190 route, its the same as the 189 apart from that you have to stay in the state for 2yrs (Which is nothing really).
Processing times for the 189 are showing 11 - 22 months at the minute where as the 190 is at 9 - 10 months.
I was going for the 189 but missed out on the 20 points twice by 0.5 of a point in my IELTS, then I read more about the 190 and SA where sponsoring my trade and that was the state I fancied anyway.

Hope it all works out well for you! Keep me updated on your progress! I can’t even get the 7s 🤦🏻‍♂️ reading and writing are an issue for me! Going to try the Pearson’s in a hope to boost my points!