Applying for RRV from outside Australia

Tracey Small

54 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I recall your earlier thread when you were considering what to do, and I do recall that everyone here advised you to try for a RRV first, before going down the route for a whole new visa. What a pity a migration agent knocked that on the head. 

I doubt the spouse visa will get refused,but if it did, you wouldn't have grounds for appeal because of the wrong advice on the RRV.  It's a different visa. 

I recall that everyone who responded to the thread suggested the RRV visa , but cautioned that it would probably only be the one year that was granted.  The agents who responded gave much the same advice as in this thread.  I thought the member discounted that and opted for the partner visa because they didn't want to move   within the possible year timeframe.   

8 minutes ago, ali said:

I recall that everyone who responded to the thread suggested the RRV visa , but cautioned that it would probably only be the one year that was granted.  The agents who responded gave much the same advice as in this thread.  I thought the member discounted that and opted for the partner visa because they didn't want to move   within the possible year timeframe.   

That's my recollection too