Migration agent cost

Tanwi

5 hours ago, JRC said:

We are currently using Smith-Jones Migration and I’ve been happy with the service. Can’t remember how much they charged now though because it’s been a while since we paid the final instalment. 

They charged you in installments and not upfront the full cost?

And thank you for the information. 

19 hours ago, Tanwi said:

They charged you in installments and not upfront the full cost?

And thank you for the information. 

Yes we could pay in full or in instalments - it definitely softened the blow as it felt like a lot of money for not a lot of work to begin with. However, after the amount of time, effort and expertise put into the application it was definitely money well spent. 

Whenever we have applied for the ETA though we have done that ourselves online it’s only because the 489 included quite a few steps and hoops to jump through and my skills assessment wasn’t the most straightforward to begin with. 

Edited by JRC

On 02/09/2019 at 00:51, Tanwi said:

Hi,

Anyone know how much a migrant agent would cost to solicit a tourist visa application?

I just need help with an agent to lodge a tourist visa application for my partner to visit.

Only thing is I don't know how much it would cost.

Surely you could apply yourself online? Unless there's complications.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/visitor-600/tourist-stream-overseas

Cost is AUD145 for a Visitor 600 Visa

Edited by DukeNinja

This was received today:

Comments = I had applied visitor vistor subclass 600 from pakistan, my friend sent me an invitation, and on 3rd September 2019, got a refusal from Home affairs.

Family_name = xxx

Given_names = xxx

Date_of_birth = xxx

Email_address = 

Reason_for_enquiry = Need to use your services for my visitor refusal

I receive similar frequently!

At the very least, before trying DIY, check the non - return (overstay) rate and the refusal rate, noting that here is at least one country with a very high overstay rate where an ETA is available.

Edited by The Pom Queen