Finance job needed

AliceY

Hello,

how easy it would be to find finance or accounting job? I have accountant diploma and a bit of experience in finance in health industry. Thinking how long it might take to find any bookkeeping, accounting or finance work? I'm 41yo female, coming with my child. I have tried to apply online but no success yet.

Maybe someone could give an advice where could be best place to look for a job. Thank you.

Do you have a visa, that's the first challenge because accountants are always mooted as begin the next to be taken off the list. Are there any restrictions on where you might be able to work if you do have a visa. Seek is one of the employment sites but there are plenty of accountants and finance folk on the ground out there who would certainly beat you to a position in the general scheme of things. Do you have the dad's permission to take your child away?  If it's all good then you should budget enough to have 6 months in which to find a job (that's the general advice)

Thank you. Yes have a permission to work with no restrictions, just need to find the work now. I'm applying and don't get any response or get letter about local experience needed. Taking child with me is okay. 

Thank you for your advice.

You're unlikely to find anything until you've got your boots on the ground and it could take you 6 months to get something. That local experience thing will be thrown at you all the time. Australia is good at that. Just have to be prepared for unemployment and be flexible.

15 hours ago, AliceY said:

I didn't find yet. 

Alice, your English is good, but you make small mistakes (for instance, a native English speaker would say, "I haven't found one yet."   If you are applying for jobs in writing, those small mistakes will count against you because employers will worry your English is not fluent enough.  

However to be honest, it is extremely unlikely that you'll be hired for any job while you are still overseas, even if your English was perfect.  There are plenty of qualified accountants and bookkeepers in Australia already.  Why would an employer wait for you to pack up and move from a distant country when they can hire someone local?    If you want to come to Australia, you will have to save up and move without a job.  You would need enough money to survive for about six months because it may take you that long to find work even once you're in the country.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1