Question on PR on 489

Hello all,

my an my partner have received an invitation for 489 to SA. I am a bit worried thou, with the 489 visa about to be obsolete in a few months. In two years time, when we apply for our permanent residency, can we still apply whilst on the 489 where the applicants still receive the 4 years ( which would end Nov 2023) or does the replacement visa take over and complicate the process? 

Many thanks

simon

6 hours ago, Simon mcmullen said:

Hello all,

my an my partner have received an invitation for 489 to SA. I am a bit worried thou, with the 489 visa about to be obsolete in a few months. In two years time, when we apply for our permanent residency, can we still apply whilst on the 489 where the applicants still receive the 4 years ( which would end Nov 2023) or does the replacement visa take over and complicate the process? 

Many thanks

simon

Hi Simon

Dont really have a clue but I'd have thought that if you are still offered a 489visa then you would follow the rules set out by that visa.

It would be a whole lot of messing about if everyone's visas had to change over all the time, whenever a replacement starts.

Edited by Lavers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I got my 489 visa recently. I got the EOI from NSW.  In my visa I got a condition 8539 (live, work and study in specified regional area). My MA is saying I can live in any regional area in Australia I don't need to move NSW. If I do so it will be any problem during 887 visa. Please guide me guys. 

Thank you. 

54 minutes ago, Mohammed said:

Hi I got my 489 visa recently. I got the EOI from NSW.  In my visa I got a condition 8539 (live, work and study in specified regional area). My MA is saying I can live in any regional area in Australia I don't need to move NSW. If I do so it will be any problem during 887 visa. Please guide me guys. 

Thank you. 

I'm no expert but I would have thought that If you got a 489 for NSW then you would have to stay in NSW.