Can i apply for tourist visa for my child when child visa is in process

Pratap

Hello friends,

I have applied for a child visa (subclass 101) for my kid which is under process. But now i am planning to apply for tourist visa for my child. Can i do that? Can my child (who is 4 months old) travel to Australia on tourist visa when the child visa is under process?

*Me and my wife have the Australian PR.

Thanks in advance,

Pratap

8 hours ago, Pratap said:

Hello friends,

I have applied for a child visa (subclass 101) for my kid which is under process. But now i am planning to apply for tourist visa for my child. Can i do that? Can my child (who is 4 months old) travel to Australia on tourist visa when the child visa is under process?

*Me and my wife have the Australian PR.

Thanks in advance,

Pratap

I faced a somewhat similar situation to yours.

When I applied for PR my son was included in original application.

But somehow was not added when PR was granted I only found this out when I travelled back to home country with him (thinking we both PR) and upon check in to return (to Australia) he was not able to travel.

So yes, I applied for a tourist visa for him and once he arrived onshore his PR visa was granted. 

So I assume one can do that, also I have read here people apply partner visa offshore and then apply for tourist to visit spouses etc whilst waiting for a decision. 

I don't know if that helps in anyway. 

Edited by Tanwi
  • Like 1