Hi there, i have been working for a company for almost two years so eligible for them to nominate me in August for PR. I was wondering if anyone knows if i can apply on 1st of August or if i have to wait until the 24th as this is exactly 2 years from when i started. Does it go by exact dates or months? Thanks so much!

You must have completed 2 years of employment on your 457 visa.  If you started on the 24th, then on August 1st you have not completed 2 years yet.  You must wait until at least the 24th (I waited until I had reached 2 years plus 1 day when I did mine to be on the safe side).

• 1 month later...

Hi guys 

i was a silent reader for so long but finally i’ve opened my account to join in conversation and ask few questions.

i have applied for 186 visa Direct Entry Stream on a 12/06/2019 through my company who also sponsored me for a 457 visa 1.5 years ago. My occupation is Metal Fabricator 322311 and my country of birth is Serbia. I am just wondering if certain occupations have quicker processing time or all 186 Direct Entry Stream visa applications have the same processing time ? I live and working in Brisbane . If anyone know anything about similar cases like mine I would appreciate to share some informations.

Thanks guys