Language exame requirement

Hi 

Advice please, I'm a nurse trying to get the need it score to register with the NMC in Australia,English is not my first language, I have done the IETLS and didn't obtain the desired score. Has anyone chose the OET for the English exam? How did you find it?Thanks for your help 😁

There is no NMC in Australia, its APHRA. ANMAC are the skills assessment body. 

Good luck with the English test, lots of old posts if you search saying the other tests can be easier than IELTS in their format but this is down to personal preference.

You still need good English for either. 

8 hours ago, Anna Paula said:

Hi 

Advice please, I'm a nurse trying to get the need it score to register with the NMC in Australia,English is not my first language, I have done the IETLS and didn't obtain the desired score. Has anyone chose the OET for the English exam? How did you find it?Thanks for your help 😁

Hi Anna, 

I've struggled with IELTS for so long until I finally got the desired score for ahpra /anmac. BUT! Then I needed a boost for my language skills so went for PTE - A and killed it on the first sitting. It's totally doable, all you need to do is study the test format, I just learnt everything from YouTube and then purchased one mock test and I was ready to go. Try, it its so much easier then IELTS. 

Good luck! 

6 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Good luck with the English test, lots of old posts if you search saying the other tests can be easier than IELTS in their format but this is down to personal preference.

Thank you 😊

Edited by Anna Paula

1 hour ago, Martina said:

Hi Anna, 

I've struggled with IELTS for so long until I finally got the desired score for ahpra /anmac. BUT! Then I needed a boost for my language skills so went for PTE - A and killed it on the first sitting. It's totally doable, all you need to do is study the test format, I just learnt everything from YouTube and then purchased one mock test and I was ready to go. Try, it its so much easier then IELTS. 

Good luck! 

Hi Martina, OMG exactly my thoughts , thank you ever so much for your advice

I looked at the PTE and OET , to me the OET seems to be easier as I trained to be a nurse in the UK .Are you living in Australia now Martina?

Ever way ,I will study hard and try again ! Thank you 😊❤️

Edited by Anna Paula
Add comments on

6 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Actually, there is a Nursing and Midwifery Board in Australia, which regulates the profession.  AHPRA is the agency that supports all the National Boards to implement the single National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (National Scheme) for registered health practitioners.

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Actually, there is a Nursing and Midwifery Board in Australia, which regulates the profession.  AHPRA is the agency that supports all the National Boards to implement the single National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (National Scheme) for registered health practitioners.

Hi Paul 

The same advice you gave to me when we meet , will keep studying and try my best x

😀😀

Thanks

Ana

Edited by Anna Paula

1 hour ago, Anna Paula said:

Hi Martina, OMG exactly my thoughts , thank you ever so much for your advice

I looked at the PTE and OET , to me the OET seems to be easier as I trained to be a nurse in the UK .Are you living in Australia now Martina?

Ever way ,I will study hard and try again ! Thank you 😊❤️

Hi Anna, 

I don't have personal experience with OET but some of my mates had to do it twice to get the desired score. It's up to you of course just don't do IELTS ha ha

I lived in Sydney for almost 5 years, now travelling and waiting for my PR 😉 (can't wait to get back!) 

Good luck x

1 minute ago, Martina said:

Hi Anna, 

I don't have personal experience with OET but some of my mates had to do it twice to get the desired score. It's up to you of course just don't do IELTS ha ha

I lived in Sydney for almost 5 years, now travelling and waiting for my PR 😉 (can't wait to get back!) 

Good luck x

Hi Martina

Thanks again for getting back to me, well done on activing your dream .

All the best for the future in OZ

😃 Ana

• Like 1