Postgraduate Visa

Fabs

Hi guys,

I am currently on a Working Holiday Visa (417) after graduating from a Master degree at the University of Queensland, Brisbane Australia.

I graduated from a 1.5 years AQF level 9 degree (January 2017 - June 2018), while holding the student Visa (Subclass 500).

I was considering to apply for a postgradaute visa, but unfortunately this requires 2-years of study load.

Is there any chance for me to continue another degree just for 6 more months to accumulate my total of 2-years?

Or do I really have to start a second degree, just to be eligible to apply for the postgraduate visa?

Many thanks in advance,

Fabs

28 minutes ago, Fabs said:

Hi guys,

I am currently on a Working Holiday Visa (417) after graduating from a Master degree at the University of Queensland, Brisbane Australia.

I graduated from a 1.5 years AQF level 9 degree (January 2017 - June 2018), while holding the student Visa (Subclass 500).

I was considering to apply for a postgradaute visa, but unfortunately this requires 2-years of study load.

Is there any chance for me to continue another degree just for 6 more months to accumulate my total of 2-years?

Or do I really have to start a second degree, just to be eligible to apply for the postgraduate visa?

Many thanks in advance,

Fabs

Hey mate, to be eligible your second qualification also need to be completed. Also remember that this study need to be completed on the visa that allow you to do so. I am not sure WHV has any study rights. Please go through link below

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/temporary-graduate-485/australian-study-requirement

Hi thanks for your quick response,

On a WHV I do have the right to study for 6 months. I could definitely apply for another student visa I don't think that would be an issue.

However, I'd prefer not to undergo another degree just to be eligible to apply for the postgrad visa.

Isn't there an easier solution? For instance, a skilled visa or something I might not have considered yet?

I studied Master of International Economics and Finance, GPA 6.25 and have working experience in an IT company as an Analyst.

My Bachelor degree was in Commerece and Economics as well, from a German university.