Help! PE teacher requires some advice.

Ben3

Hi all,

Hope someone can help. 

I am currently in the process of completing the application to move to Aus as a secondary teacher. However, I’ve hit a few bumps in the road. 

When I completed my PGCE it was awarded by 2 different universities - University of East Anglia and University of Essex.

I need to get a letter from one of the above to state that I have completed at least 45 days supervised teaching practise during my training year. However, as they were only the awarding bodies they do not have any record my actual days. Unfortunately, the University of Suffolk (whom I completed my PGCE with) only recorded 35 days.  

What do I do? Is someone able to help please? This would be the final bit of my application before I can send it off and it’s really dragging out! 

Thanks in advance

ben  

1 minute ago, Quoll said:

Suffolk, East Anglia or Essex? Did you only do 35 days and is that why they wont sign off on 45 days?

I actually done a lot more than 45. But because they don’t have a record (or can’t find one currently for the other 10 days) they won’t write a supporting statement. 

13 minutes ago, Ben3 said:

I actually done a lot more than 45. But because they don’t have a record (or can’t find one currently for the other 10 days) they won’t write a supporting statement. 

If the awarding institute won't write a recommendation then you are going to be in for a bumpy ride.

Can you get the placement schools to write a letter of confirmation? Do you still have detailed lessons plans and other submission items showing you were working that time in placements?

You are probably going to need to consult an agent on this to find a "clever resolution" as without the confirmation from the institution you will be deemed unqualified