new PR parental leave

nick053

Hi everyone ,

I am a new PR, i am planing to have baby . but there is a 2 year waiting period for the parental leave benefit for new PR.

my question is that if my wife get pregnant let's say 16 months after our PR grant, so our baby will  be born around 26 months after our PR visa grant

so in this case , are we be eligible to apply for parental leave after our baby were born?

Hi everyone ,
I am a new PR, i am planing to have baby . but there is a 2 year waiting period for the parental leave benefit for new PR.
my question is that if my wife get pregnant let's say 16 months after our PR grant, so our baby will  be born around 26 months after our PR visa grant
so in this case , are we be eligible to apply for parental leave after our baby were born?

As far as I’m aware, your wife will have to satisfy residency requirements on the date the child comes into her care (the day it is born in most cases).
Your wife will also have to satisfy the work requirement.....

Agree with the above. It’s jot just the 2 year threshold, (which doesn’t include any time spent outside of Australia) your wife will need to have worked 10 out of 13 months prior to the birth to be eligible too.

Bear in mind not all pregnancies go to term either, you might be wise to wait a little longer to ensure you meet the residence requirement at the time of birth in the event the baby is premature.

Best of luck