eligibility for sub class 804 visa

Jasha

Hi my only daughter is an Australian PR holder well settled and well employed, so are my 2 granddaughters

I want to apply for subclass 804 dependent visa to spend my old age with my only daughter I am qualified in

all eligibility except for the family balance test. Can't I include my grand daughters to include my family Balance test.Please advise me.

Sorry, it’s only children not grand children. Do you have sons in another country? If they are not in the same country as each other, that might help.

From the home affairs website:

A parent meets the balance of family test if:

• at least half their children and stepchildren are eligible children, or
  • there are more eligible children than children living in any other single country

We will not waive this test, even in compelling or exceptional circumstances.

1 hour ago, Amber Snowball said:

Sorry, it’s only children not grand children. Do you have sons in another country? If they are not in the same country as each other, that might help.

From the home affairs website:

A parent meets the balance of family test if:

• at least half their children and stepchildren are eligible children, or
  • there are more eligible children than children living in any other single country

We will not waive this test, even in compelling or exceptional circumstances.

Thank you Amber Snoball. I have 2 other sons they are not living Australia. Living in a different country.

Looks like you do not currently meet the balance of family test. If one of your sone resided in Australia you would. 

Here are the details.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-aged-parent-864/balance-of-family-test

The balance of family is the same for all the visas it applies to. 

Edited by rammygirl

5 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Looks like you do not currently meet the balance of family test. If one of your sone resided in Australia you would. 

Here are the details.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/contributory-aged-parent-864/balance-of-family-test

The balance of family is the same for all the visas it applies to. 

Yeah I know ,I have all the eligibilities except for the family balance. How unfortunate and how tight the  Australian immigration rules are.

15 minutes ago, Jasha said:

Yeah I know ,I have all the eligibilities except for the family balance. How unfortunate and how tight the  Australian immigration rules are.

Try getting a parent into the UK..............only possible if the child is under 18 amongst other things. The UK is harder to get a visa for in some cases, just you as a citizen are not aware.

Edited by rammygirl
  • Like 3