143 Visa- applied 11 August 2015

HI Mani there is a thread on here called  The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread which is of tremendous help and people will be able to answer your question.

If you go to the home page and go to Parents / Family Visa you will find it there or just search at the top.

• Like 1

oh ok thats a good sign so Im hoping I will be asked for the 2nd VAC sometime this week hopefully, so the next question is are you still waiting on the residency after you had provided them with the payment on 15th May?

I thought usually once you make the payment it should only take a week to get the residency.

Thanks very much 🙂

Mani

I haven't made payment yet. I am just trying to get the funds sorted to pay it. I am yet to find out if i can split the payment via 2 different payment methods before I proceed

From what I read it's a matter of couple days once payment is made to get the visa. 

Thanks for your reply, in my case its slightly different as my parents are here in Australia on a tourist visa right now and they would have to leave the country to get the residency status as when you apply offshore the rule is you need to be offshore when they are processing the PR status.

Thanks

We were granted our pathway 143 last week.

2nd vac requested Monday 20th May, paid on Tuesday, PR granted on Wednesday. It was very quick.

Our application is slightly different to the regular 143 parent visa as we don’t have to have AOS.  we already live in Australia, and we don’t have to leave Australia for grant, so I don’t know if that is the normal timescale.

Edited by ramot