Change nominated occupation

Nabila islam

On 29/04/2019 at 04:52, MaggieMay24 said:

If your Immiacount shows Finalized, that means they have made a decision.  You should have received an email or if you applied through a migration agent, the email would have gone to them.  I'm not sure if a copy of the decision is also included in the communication section of your Immiaccount.  You could also check VEVO to see if your visa status has changed.

14 minutes ago, Wonderingaloud said:

No, a new nomination and visa application is required under 482. The 457 doesn’t exist. Didn’t they make a decision on your 457 yet?

No they didn’t make any decision yet.

Now my sponser wants to change my nominated occupatio? 

Is it possible to do with same visa applicatio?         

3 hours ago, Wonderingaloud said:

Also, you’d need a new skills assessment if it’s a different occupation. 

Didn’t you say your visa status says ‘finalised’? 

That means they’ve made a decision. Are you using an agnt

The fact is that immigration refused my visa and tell me if i need review my application lodge a appeal in AAT 

I have skill assessment   in cook

But my sponser did mistakes and nominated me as chef.

Now all the when he notice it he wants to change it.

Edited by Nabila islam

The visa decision is finalised, you cannot change the nominated occupation. Even if it wasn’t finalised you couldn’t. 

If that is the reason for refusal there’s no point going to AAT. Consider it a lesson learnt.

You will need to lodge a new nomination, for the correct occupation, and your skills assessment needs to be done for that same occupation, before you apply. You cannot apply for a 457 anymore because that visa was replaced. 

I’m not sure how long your skills assessment is valid for. 

You might want to engage the services of a respected agent given the difficulties you’ve had understanding this application process. 

No, as a few different people have advised, you will need to start again with a new nomination, on a different visa. 

You can’t appeal because you submitted the wrong information. It would be money down the drain. You cannot change what has been submitted because a decision has been made on the visa. It’s too late.