PMV 300 - 820 Visa Question

mattybe

Hi,

I applied for a PMV 300 in March 2018 and was granted it in January 2019.   In January 2019 my fiance arrive in Australia on her PMV 300 (She had to leave the country for it to be granted as she was here for 4 months on a travel visa).

My fiance and I are now married as of last month and I want to progress the next stage.  My questions are :-

1.  Do I just include information from the date of PMV grant 4 months ago in the application.  i.e. exclude all the relationship history, photos, chats etc from the PMV.   I'm a little unsure how much info they want here,  war and peace or just the last 4 months which will be,  recent photos, meeting family, wedding, name on house/banks/joint bills.

Next question

2. We are about to go on holiday in 2 months time,   the PMV was granted in January 2019 so is valid for 9 months.  If I apply for the 820 now and submit,  does the PMV 300 stay in effect until it runs out.  I'm concerned I go on an 820 wait list and get a Bridging Visa A,  with no travel rights then have to mess around getting a Bridging Visa B to travel.  In which case I'll just wait until a couple of months so submit my 820.

Any help appreciated. :)

Many thanks

On 07/05/2019 at 20:16, mattybe said:

Hi,

I applied for a PMV 300 in March 2018 and was granted it in January 2019.   In January 2019 my fiance arrive in Australia on her PMV 300 (She had to leave the country for it to be granted as she was here for 4 months on a travel visa).

My fiance and I are now married as of last month and I want to progress the next stage.  My questions are :-

1.  Do I just include information from the date of PMV grant 4 months ago in the application.  i.e. exclude all the relationship history, photos, chats etc from the PMV.   I'm a little unsure how much info they want here,  war and peace or just the last 4 months which will be,  recent photos, meeting family, wedding, name on house/banks/joint bills.

Next question

2. We are about to go on holiday in 2 months time,   the PMV was granted in January 2019 so is valid for 9 months.  If I apply for the 820 now and submit,  does the PMV 300 stay in effect until it runs out.  I'm concerned I go on an 820 wait list and get a Bridging Visa A,  with no travel rights then have to mess around getting a Bridging Visa B to travel.  In which case I'll just wait until a couple of months so submit my 820.

Any help appreciated. 🙂

Many thanks

First of all, congrats 🙂

Now, question 1 - you have to treat 820 as a new application, so you have to re-upload all your PMV evidence (proof of ID, chats, pictures, police checks etc), plus all the new evidence: bills, wedding certificate, wedding pictures, new friends statements etc

Not sure about question 2 as I applied for my 820 a week before my PMV expired!

Edited by TheWayOfThePony
Add info

Treat the 820 as a completely new application - upload all evidence including last few months in Australia.

A bridging visa normally carries the conditions of the former visa with it, i.e. she should get travel rights, but maybe double check with Immi if another doesn't comment affirmatively.

Good luck!

On 07/05/2019 at 20:16, mattybe said:

Any help appreciated. :)

Many thanks

The bridging visa grant notice, after submitting the 820, should say:
This bridging Visa is not in effect because your Prospective Marriage (Temporary) Visa is currently in effect.

Hence: Your PMV300 is valid until the date that it expires, or until the date that the 820 is decided.

Ours said that, between the PMV and 820.

Travel-Rights-During-PMV-to-820.jpg

18 hours ago, UK1986 said:

The bridging visa grant notice, after submitting the 820, should say:
This bridging Visa is not in effect because your Prospective Marriage (Temporary) Visa is currently in effect.

Hence: Your PMV300 is valid until the date that it expires, or until the date that the 820 is decided.

Ours said that, between the PMV and 820.

Travel-Rights-During-PMV-to-820.jpg

The PMV is valid for 9 months. There should be an expiry date on the original grant letter. 

The Bridging Visa A takes effect on the date the PMV expires. If you want to travel after that you need to apply for a Bridging Visa B,

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

The PMV is valid for 9 months. There should be an expiry date on the original grant letter. 

The Bridging Visa A takes effect on the date the PMV expires. If you want to travel after that you need to apply for a Bridging Visa B,

Yes.  Their PMV was granted it in January 2019, so would cover them until 9 months later, (Oct 2019) or earlier if the 820 is granted before expiry.

The only issue then becomes for the period between Oct 2019 and the date the 820 is granted, if it isn't done before the PMV expires (Oct 2019).