Registering a car with no fixed address

My partner and I will be migrating this year. We are planning to stay in an AirB&B for a month or two while we get on our feet, and then we want to buy a car and caravan and travel. Can anyone advise how we're supposed to register a car when we have no fixed address?  I'm sure other people get around this by asking family and friends, but unfortunately we don't have any in Australia. We'd be really grateful for any advice. Many thanks.

Do you mean you don't know if it's necessary to get permission from the owners? We did wonder if that would be an option, but didn't know what the implications would be for them, I suppose.

4 hours ago, five said:

Do you mean you don't know if it's necessary to get permission from the owners? We did wonder if that would be an option, but didn't know what the implications would be for them, I suppose.

Yes.

The issue is that you would need access to the mailbox at that address which would not be a given otherwise.

From memory I think they allowed us to use their address rather than the furnished holiday let.

We have just done exactly the same.  We are staying in an Airbnb and registered the car we purchased this week at that address.  Kirsty has had to register her driving licence (as the car is registered in her name) at the temporary address too.  

It's a pain, as will have to change it all in a couple of weeks but we couldn't see any other way around it.