Foundation degree and education requirements

Charrrr

I'm currently in Australia on a working holiday visa from the UK and have recently decided I want to live in Australia and want to do whatever I need to, to make that happen. 

I want to go back to the UK to study Early years education so that I can one day apply for a skilled visa for an early years (pre-primary) teacher.

I understand that by the time I have completed my education this may not be an option anymore and whatnot.

I would just like to know currently what the education requirements are to apply for something like this and also does anyone know what a Foundation degree in the UK is Equivalent too in Australia?

Any help on any of this is greatly appreciated. 

Currently to pass the skills assessment you need to have 4 years of tertiary level education, including at least 1 year dedicated to teaching.

Most people from the U.K. will have a 3 year bachelors and 1 year PGCE. For the early years visa, the age range of the qualification should be within 0-8, and there must be at least 45 days of supervised teaching practice carried out, with evidence to support this.

I’d advise further investigation though as some types of qualifications are not accepted.

Can’t help with the foundation degree.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Will just add, that as well as needing four years of university (normally in the UK this will mean a degree and a post grad). You also need enough points. So, you may also need several years experience post qualification. 

Thank you, Can I gain those years of experience while I study? 

On 30/04/2019 at 22:29, paulhand said:

A Foundation Degree from a recognised UK institution is equivalent to an Advanced Diploma (Level 6) on the Australian Qualifications Framework.

Can this be used to gain points as a spouse on my husband's main applicant visa?