PHOTO SIZES in folder

Aussiebird

Hello everyone,

So, I have been making excellent progress with scanning, uploading photos etc and I've had some help which has been great.

I would just like to ask about a couple of things and hope someone can advise please.

Should photos be reduced in size on a pdf page or pages? I have been reducing them but is it the folder size that should be no bigger than 5 meg or is it per photo or document? How many photos should be sufficient?

I have checked each file for the size but it's getting a little confusing.

If I keep the photos too small in a pdf file would that be a problem when uploaded to Immi as they may appear blurry along with captions. I have noticed this on of my documents and when opening them in word or as a pdf the writing is not very clear. That's when I had to get my scanner working, so I've scanned everything now and hope that will help.

Thanks everyone. Xx

1 minute ago, shaunfreo said:

Aussiebird you do tend to overthink everything, we are all going through this journey with you , somewhat painfully I have to say , I seem to remember you being given lots of advice previously about uploading documents 

just do it 

Sorry to have troubled you. Perhaps I should come off of this forum. 

Just now, shaunfreo said:

No not at all but you ask the same questions on multiple forums and often never seem to heed the advice given 

Not everyone is IT literate and as you can tell, I most certainly am not! 

Yes I have been asking a lot of questions and some people have been very helpful, I thought that's what this forum is for. I get confused with files, documents and folders being mentioned, that's why I get confused.

Our future is at stake here now and I can't afford to get this wrong and run the risk of the visa being refused.

I even took the trouble to get help from a library volunteer yesterday who apparently is IT literate, he was certainly not that and I left non the wiser. So I am trying to sort this out other than on this forum. But I think my time on here is done. 

To anyone who else thinks the same that it's painful for them too seeing my posts then I will happily have my account deleted.

Don’t get so defensive of course you should post whatever questions you want , but sometimes you have to make decisions for yourself, I remember your original posts re your husband trying to apply for an RRV which many on this forum, and other forums advised you to try in the first instance but obviously you Decided to take the route you are now taking , so you can imagine it can get a bit annoying to see the same questions asked again and again, have you engaged an agent to help 

3 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Hello everyone,

So, I have been making excellent progress with scanning, uploading photos etc and I've had some help which has been great.

I would just like to ask about a couple of things and hope someone can advise please.

Should photos be reduced in size on a pdf page or pages? I have been reducing them but is it the folder size that should be no bigger than 5 meg or is it per photo or document? How many photos should be sufficient?

I have checked each file for the size but it's getting a little confusing.

If I keep the photos too small in a pdf file would that be a problem when uploaded to Immi as they may appear blurry along with captions. I have noticed this on of my documents and when opening them in word or as a pdf the writing is not very clear. That's when I had to get my scanner working, so I've scanned everything now and hope that will help.

Thanks everyone. Xx

The document size is limited to 5MB

Do not upload too many photos, just a good varied selection from different times and places. 

If captions don't work just list the photos on a separate sheet and write the descriptions on there - eg Page 1 - Sister's wedding, Spanish holiday, daughter's birthday. Page 2 - holiday in oz with brother. Page 3 - our wedding and kids christenings.

Don't over think it. 

2 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

The document size is limited to 5MB

Do not upload too many photos, just a good varied selection from different times and places. 

If captions don't work just list the photos on a separate sheet and write the descriptions on there - eg Page 1 - Sister's wedding, Spanish holiday, daughter's birthday. Page 2 - holiday in oz with brother. Page 3 - our wedding and kids christenings.

Don't over think it. 

Thank you, appreciate your reply.