Speeding offence

Pingpongbaz

Back in 2015, my partner was arrested for speeding and charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. Going way over the speed limit. He was requested to appear in court however we returned home before he was due to appear. He was on a holiday visa. We are wondering of the repercussions he will face if he wanted to return on a holiday visa. 

Don’t fancy your chances much , but who knows, apply and see what happens, mind you if granted he /she might be arrested at the border , as he/she should be for skipping the country before appearing in court, you people are really something else , to think you can commit an alleged crime then buggar off and expect to come back without any repercussions amazing 

Edited by shaunfreo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Pingpongbaz said:

Back in 2015, my partner was arrested for speeding and charged with dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. Going way over the speed limit. He was requested to appear in court however we returned home before he was due to appear. He was on a holiday visa. We are wondering of the repercussions he will face if he wanted to return on a holiday visa. 

I'm assuming (apologies if incorrect) that you returned without informing the court?  It is a possibility if this is the case  his failure to go to court could mean that a bench warrant was issued.  Whilst technically this might have expired - it would probably remain in the background.

I don't know what checks are done for a visitor visa but he could be stopped at the border, refused entry or (if there is an outstanding bench warrant) be arrested.  Should your partner wish to apply for a more substantive visa it may be difficult to pass the character test and explain their evading court proceedings.