Do I pay too much taxes ? Thanks

Soldat_01

Hi everyone.

i have visa 485.

i pay every week around 10 to 12% tax.

When I first register for my job 3 years ago, i don’t remember what did I sign up.

I think that I’m Australian resident because i live and work at the same place since 3 years.

so the question is, do I pay the right tax or do I pay too much ? 

Thanks for your attention. 

No one could tell you that without knowing what you earn. Go to an online net pay calculator for Australia, plug in your numbers, say whether super is included or excluded and it will tell you have much Tax you should pay.
Hopefully though you are doing tax returns each year, so if you are over or underpaying tax, you will certainly find out then.

It doesn't matter whether you pay too much or too little tax from your pay.   At the end of each tax year, you will get a certificate from your employer, stating how much you earned and how much tax you paid.  You MUST then complete a tax return and submit it to the tax office.  On that form, you will write down how much you earned, how much tax you paid, and any expenses you want to claim. 

The tax office will look at your return and work out how much tax you should have paid.  If you didn't pay enough, they will ask you for more.  If you paid too much, they will refund you the extra.   So it will all work out in the end.

If you are not sure how to complete a tax return, go to a tax agent like H & R Block, they are not expensive.

• Like 1