ACRO Subject Access Request

TooGoodToBeTrue

Hi, we’re currently in the country on a short term 457. As soon as we arrived we applied for a 186 Employer Sponsored Visa via Direct Entry. We have an immigration agent paid for by my employer. 

My partner had a caution from 7 yrs ago which we declared on the application. It was a minor offence. He received his ACRO cert as no live trace. 

They’ve now asked for a witness signed statement providing details of the caution. They’ve also asked for a subject access request. To prepare us and ensure there’s no surprises we contacted ACRO for all details on his file. So everything that would appear on the subject access request. 

Theres a couple of things that have thrown us and now we’re both feeling like there’s no hope. One thing is a reprimand from 20 yrs ago. He basically took his dads car with no permission. As it wasn’t a caution we didn’t log it as a conviction. The second is a false accusation of a threat to kill (makes my other half sound awful but actually this was a huge misunderstanding with someone he tried to help out that went bad and he falsely accused my partner out of spite) long story short it ended up with NFA and no cautions. This shows in his SAR which looks awful. 

Has anyone had anything like this that they’ve overcome and how? TIA

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

I'm in the same position , came over in 2016 on a long term 457 ,due my ACRO showing no live trace i had to write a personal statement for a caution received in 2002

Having now applied for my 186 i had to supply a revised statement for the same caution plus a subject access request....this has thrown me as i know there will be at least another couple of incidents that i was never charged for.

Out of interest how long did it take for you to receive yours back as i applied for mine on the 16/04/19...dreading this turning up as i was adamant to my MA that only my caution would show up...

Thanks.

Mine has just come through today I applied on 2nd April 2019 so took 3 weeks to the day. 

They get carried out in date order so maybe early May when yours arrives. I’m waiting on 482 visa and had to get this so it can be processed as my certificate said no live trace. The subject access report is very detailed and goes into things like addresses, finger prints, DNA, charges, cautions, arrests, bail etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/04/2019 at 13:17, David1983 said:

Hi Djianb

Thanks for the info hopefully will get mine back early may

Did you have any feedback from your MA as to the content of your access request ? As im likely to have a couple of things on there

Thanks

David

Hi David

We applied for our 186 in May 2018. We had the request for further info later March. Our nomination has been granted so it's just this final piece. Still haven't heard back but the deadline for further docs was end of April.

Our MA believes this will not be an issue for our Visa as there is no intention to not be transparent and there's nothing of major concern. We made sure we provided a signed statement ahead of the SAR coming back to show even further how honest we are being. We also provided a load of character statements for my partner from various senior colleagues and friends in positions of authority. 

We hope this should be enough. I guess it's up in the air and down to them now.

Hope you hear soon. 

On 22/04/2019 at 12:02, David1983 said:

Hey

I'm in the same position , came over in 2016 on a long term 457 ,due my ACRO showing no live trace i had to write a personal statement for a caution received in 2002

Having now applied for my 186 i had to supply a revised statement for the same caution plus a subject access request....this has thrown me as i know there will be at least another couple of incidents that i was never charged for.

Out of interest how long did it take for you to receive yours back as i applied for mine on the 16/04/19...dreading this turning up as i was adamant to my MA that only my caution would show up...

Thanks.

Sorry for info...we got our SAR back in 20 days. They said that's the current timelines so not bad at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jia

The only way round this for me was to submit a 1023 notice of incorrect answer against my current 457 with a secondary statement and attach this to my 186 as well so there is consistency when my file is opened

My nomination was approved last week 05/06 ( 2 weeks after been submitted) so may know a bit more when my file gets opened.

Thanks..