Low On Funds

Guest Angie*mark

Hi angie and mark:)))

It's nice to know that me and my other half are exactly in the same boat as you:(((

this year has been so bad for us, to cut a long story short, my hubby has an old van that went twice costing us 2,000 to fix then it went again so have had to go into bloody debt to get another one.

A car we bought wasn't put together properly that cost us 2,000 to fix. then when it was in for a respray they dammaged it, of course the will repair it for free. But we are trying to sell it, everything keeps getting put back, not funny.

Cos of this we are in debt no house to sell, so I'm taking a part time job on.

We seem to put one foot forward and ten back.

Were hoping to go to oz next sept oct, and take our chiwawa, it really is going to stretch us we will be lucky to take 10,000 with us.

we will be taking a few boxes but leave with a freind until we can afford to send them to oz.

If you want to chat or moan I'm here to listen. message me anytime.

Where are you going to in oz, were hoping for brisbane or arround.

Good luck with everything, remember your not the only one skrimping:))

Briggy :)))

Guest Andy&Michelle

Hi Briggy.

Vehicles! We have a Range Rover and an old Transit. Two days before Christmas the van broke down, I thought it was the cam belt, but it turned out to be a woodruff key. Basically a new engine needed, I've just had that done. Two days after new year the other one broke down, that turned out to be an injector 500 quid.

Things are getting better with work now but the money isn't as good as it was. We are just catching up with credit cards now. That's another story bloody mbna. We had a late payment of one day when we were away last year and they put the interest rate from 0% up to 35.9%. I am reluctant to pay them. We had another card with them that was £500 in credit, we didn't realise as they had not sent us a statement for three months.

What stage are you at with the visa?

Andy

Hi Briggy.

Vehicles! We have a Range Rover and an old Transit. Two days before Christmas the van broke down, I thought it was the cam belt, but it turned out to be a woodruff key. Basically a new engine needed, I've just had that done. Two days after new year the other one broke down, that turned out to be an injector 500 quid.

Things are getting better with work now but the money isn't as good as it was. We are just catching up with credit cards now. That's another story bloody mbna. We had a late payment of one day when we were away last year and they put the interest rate from 0% up to 35.9%. I am reluctant to pay them. We had another card with them that was £500 in credit, we didn't realise as they had not sent us a statement for three months.

What stage are you at with the visa?

Andy

Hi Andy:)))

Were waiting to here we got the visa's ok then meds fingers crossed should be anytime soon:))) Don't want to be here anymore, hate this country sooooooo much.

Weve got a mbna to, weve missed this months payment, just gets better. Just struggling day to day.

But we have the car to sell which is hubby's one of a kind saab turbo 93 I think nice car, caused more problems than it's worth. So will be able to clear a few debts. Also bloody working mans tax cred owe them 2,000.

What really pees me of is that the garrage that fixed our van for 2,000 after it breaking down again, they had it for a week and said it might be the cylinder head:OO

So we scrapped it for 300 and the guy fixed it. A loose conection OMG!!!

What do they say **** happens, I, it dose to us bloody big time.

Sorry for ranting. At this rate we will be going with a penny in our pockets:(((

How far are you with paper work and stuff:)))

I feel such releif knowing were not the only ones to be skint.Here's to us:)))

At least it makes ya more determind:)))

All the best:)))

Feel free to have a good moan this site is brill:spinny:

Briggy:)))

hi, we are in the same boat as u :arghh:

money wise its never ending........now i have finally made the decision to go for it i can t see us ever gettin the money together!!!!

we run our own business, data and voice cabling.......unfortunatly that has gone really quiet, just bits and bob s coming in. our car and the work van needs repairing. just when we think we are going to be able to start saving something else happen s.....touch wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyhow i was going to put a post on here about this untill i saw this one.

we are a family of 5 going, flights £4000-5000, agency £2000?, taking the dog £3000?,

living expenses when we get there £5000?

i ve just put together rough figure s please can someone correct me. i would love a rough ( but more accurate than mine!) idea of how much will be needed to get there and survive once we do!!!! :cute:

thanks in advance, Lorraine x

Archived