Photos for Partner Visa?

Aussiebird

Hi all, sorry me again!!

How many photos did anyone upload for a Partner Visa to show proof of holidays/weddings/special occasions/Christmas/Birthdays etc etc....in a continuing and genuine relationships/marriage?

Is there a limit as to how many can be uploaded that the application would allow?

Thanks so much.

Xx

It’ll always vary depending on the length of the relationship. There’s no specific answer to this. Each application is unique. 

I used photographs and screenshots to supplement my relationship statement. Obviously there wasn’t a photograph to evidence everything lol! 

So I had 1 document which was the actual statement and a second document which had a table of 3 columns (item no, picture, description). Throughout the statement I referenced the pictures by item number.

Edited by CEP

55 minutes ago, CEP said:

It’ll always vary depending on the length of the relationship. There’s no specific answer to this. Each application is unique. 

I used photographs and screenshots to supplement my relationship statement. Obviously there wasn’t a photograph to evidence everything lol! 

So I had 1 document which was the actual statement and a second document which had a table of 3 columns (item no, picture, description). Throughout the statement I referenced the pictures by item number.

Thank you CEP. When you say a document with 3 columns, is that something you did yourself , so an explanation for each photo?

This online application is so complex and confusing, im not very good at all with computers where things have to be put into files, uploaded etc....its a real test for me and i am stressed to the max at the moment.

Can i also ask you does the sponsor form (from me) have to be printed off, hand written, scanned then uploaded to a file and submitted as a new application to sponser my husband? All i know is its done after the partner visa application has been submitted. 

Is this also the same for using form 888 for statements from friends or family or both?

So sorry for all the questions! 

Xx

Yep I just created a word document and inserted a table. 

Sponsor application: To be honest I missed it for a number of months and it was only this forum that made me realise.

so, once the application was submitted, you have a TRN number. You then start a new application as the sponsor and the first screen asks for the TRN number so that the sponsors application can be linked. It is pretty much the same format as the applicants form but to be answered from the point of view of the sponsor.

Form 888 I printed off, had them to complete and then scanned the completed copies.

1 hour ago, CEP said:

Yep I just created a word document and inserted a table. 

Sponsor application: To be honest I missed it for a number of months and it was only this forum that made me realise.

so, once the application was submitted, you have a TRN number. You then start a new application as the sponsor and the first screen asks for the TRN number so that the sponsors application can be linked. It is pretty much the same format as the applicants form but to be answered from the point of view of the sponsor.

Form 888 I printed off, had them to complete and then scanned the completed copies.

Many thanks for your advice,  much appreciated.

Photos wise, get the digital image, copy or import it into word, and write a sentence about it ,date, event, who there - useful to have for example both your families, joint friends etc.

Repeat this up to say 5-6 pages with 3-4 per page with a selection of photos through your relationship;  If they tie in with joint travel tickets mentioned in your evidence of life together all the better. Or wedding pics etc.

Once you have done, save as a pdf and bingo you only use one upload slot for a load of pictures, and it is much easier for the CO to evaluate - which is the objective here!

Dear Aussiebird

My wife and I just submitted her 309/100 yesterday. We have been married nearly 9 years so I put together a folio of I think 40 photos over the 9 years of us together in Thailand and Australia, our respective families & friends etc.

I made a word doc template - 4 photos to a page with captions under each photo. I then converted the word docs to PDF and then inserted into each other. In the end I had a folio of 10 pages. I attached a cover page and then saved it with an appropriate file name. You can upload a max of 5 MB per file but the photo folio was only 3.2 MB total so well within the limit.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1