Working Holiday visa 'cancelling out' 309

amandahughes

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is something outside the scope of this forum but I just spoke to the Global Service Centre from the UK and asked whether it was ok to enter on a WHV in June once I have submitted my 309 application in March this year.

They told me there was a possibility the WHV could 'cancel out' the 309 application but that the long processing times may mean this won't happen? I am pretty confused as I thought it was ok to apply for the WHV after submitting the 309 application.

I don't know whether it would be better to apply for the de facto visa onshore once I have entered in June on the WHV?

Any help would be really appreciated as I am really worrying now!!!!

2 hours ago, MaggieMay24 said:

I suspect what they mean is that the WHV could replace the 309 if the WHV was granted after the 309 had already been finalised. 

I agree that is what they mean, although the chances would be small given the processing timelines.

There are a number of ways to approach this and it would probably pay to discuss the specifics of your case with a Registered Migration Agent to make sure you go down the most efficient path.