489 Family Sponsored Visa - State Specific Occupations List

p3kjericho

Hello everyone,

Been a silent reader for years now but newly joined the forum just this week. Me and my wife are looking into the possibility of applying for a 489 Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa, Invited Pathway, sponsored by a relative living in a designated area; in particular, Victoria. 

My questions are,

1) For family-sponsored pathway under the 489 Visa, do we need to do and submit something to the Victoria Government prior creation of EOI? The VIC Gov website says submit a Skilled Regional Dec Form. Does that apply for family-sponsored as well?

2) The VIC Gov has a state-specific skilled occupations list for the 489 visa, in my understanding this list is irrelevant for 489 family-sponsored visas? And the bigger list of the immigration website, the 489 skilled occupation list, which includes the MTLSOL will prevail?

Thank you very much in advance and looking forward to your responses. Good luck to us all!

You might only want to consider the family sponsored visa if you have a high amount of points as they only invite 10 people per month for this visa. If you have high points other visas might be a better option anyway.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

EDIT: FYI That link doesn't cover the 489 state sponsorship.

Edited by JetBlast

4 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

You might only want to consider the family sponsored visa if you have a high amount of points as they only invite 10 people per month for this visa. If you have high points other visas might be a better option anyway.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

EDIT: FYI That link doesn't cover the 489 state sponsorship.

Thank you for response JetBlast. My wife currently has 70 points, but she is an accountant in the occupations list. Hence, other visas will be very difficult to consider and we thought having a relative in a designated area in Victoria will help us having a visa.