Renewing UK passport while waiting for offshore partner visa

W2O

My British passport expires in a year and I figure it would be easier/cheaper to renew it before heading to Oz. Is it best to renew it now (while my visa application is still in the queue) or wait until I’ve received my visa? My concern with waiting until after the visa is granted is that I assume my visa will be attached to my current passport?? 

38 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Your visa is electronic these days, so once you have updated your immi account with your new passport details it should switch to being linked to your new passport.

Ok, I guessed it possibly would be so it’s good to have confirmation of that, thanks. How would I update my passport number if I don’t renew until after being granted my visa - do I still use my Immi account or would there be some other way to update it?

2 hours ago, W2O said:

Ok, I guessed it possibly would be so it’s good to have confirmation of that, thanks. How would I update my passport number if I don’t renew until after being granted my visa - do I still use my Immi account or would there be some other way to update it?

Yes - in your immi account.