Showing Defacto Relationship for Visa

Jack Mc

My girlfriend has a job and sponsorship for TSS Visa as a Doctor and I understand that partners can be added if they are married or you can show ‘Defacto’ relationship.

We have been together five years but not living together due to jobs and University in different cities.

Does anybody have similar experience of this?

Will they still accept this if you can prove you’ve been together five years?

What could I do now to help as the plan is to move around September?

"De facto" is the equivalent of marriage, you just haven't had a legal ceremony.  Periods when you were just dating don't count.     

For a TSS visa, you need to show you've been in a de facto relationship for six months.   

You will need to provide proof of a shared life. Normally that would include providing proof that you have both lived at the same address for at least six months, that you're sharing your  household expenses, and spending your time together.  If you're not living together then it gets more difficult. 

On 28/01/2019 at 08:59, Jack Mc said:

My girlfriend has a job and sponsorship for TSS Visa as a Doctor and I understand that partners can be added if they are married or you can show ‘Defacto’ relationship.

We have been together five years but not living together due to jobs and University in different cities.

Does anybody have similar experience of this?

Will they still accept this if you can prove you’ve been together five years?

What could I do now to help as the plan is to move around September?

Defacto = living together, sharing bills, paying rent together, lease agreements in joint names etc. Run this by a migration agent as your work and university reasons may be a good enough justification why you've not lived together, if you've stat decs from friends. But only an agent would be able to advise properly.