Family of 5 surviving in Brisbane

carlymac

Hi everyone

I really need a bit of help, we are a family of 5 and do not have alot of money to take with us, if all goes well with the sale of our house we will have about 50,000 pound to cover moving over and a deposit for a house. What is the cost of living? and will we be able to afford a decent house. We will have just one main salary with me getting a part time evening job as well. We have 3 under 5 so I will be looking after them. What kind of wage will we need to get?? to enjoy a reasonable standard of life?? we dont go out much but still want to be able to throw the children bday parties, swimming lessons and a couple of activities.

Sorry for so much waffle.....:goofy:

Guest Curlysoo

Hi Carly x ..... I think 50k is a lot more money than many people have to take over with them. I have read some postings where people really did go on a shoestring, but they had sheer grit and determination and it has worked out for them. Others have no worries on the money front, everyones lives and plans are different on here.

No-one is gunna tell you, you DONT need much money to take to Oz but you dont need a fortune. I wish you and yours well ...let us know how you get on.

Guest Curlysoo

No probs Carly X you are absolutely right to be thinking this way!

My "little ones" are now 5ft 10 and 6ft 3 ..... and believe me they may be "grown ups" but the worrying about them never stops! LOL!:no:

Gosh, so many variables really - I guess you have looked on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au for houses - you can see how much is the ball park for the sort of house you would like to live in - then you may need to rationalize and downsize your thoughts a bit to find the one that you can afford to live in and check to see how much the mortgage payments are going to cost you. You will still have quite a decent deposit even when you have taken out your fares and moving costs - dont forget to take out establishment costs here too.

People are surviving on well less than what you will be bringing over and the chances are that you will be fine but unless you can find a very well paying job it probably wont be in a 4 bed 2 bath on the beach with a pool type place.

Archived