Can I apply the 482 visa under the DAMA meanwhile holding the Bridging A visa to 457 ?

Dom22

Hello guys,

I am currently appealing the refusal for the 457 visa sponsorship and also the employer nomination , the immi granted me a Bridging A visa since March 2018. 

But I have quit the job at Dec 2018 as I can not take the abuse by some of the staffs and even the employer anymore. As I wish to

extend my staying, am I allow to apply the 482 visa under the DAMA policy?  Does anyone experienced the similar situation? 

1 hour ago, Dom22 said:

Hello guys,

I am currently appealing the refusal for the 457 visa sponsorship and also the employer nomination , the immi granted me a Bridging A visa since March 2018. 

But I have quit the job at Dec 2018 as I can not take the abuse by some of the staffs and even the employer anymore. As I wish to

extend my staying, am I allow to apply the 482 visa under the DAMA policy?  Does anyone experienced the similar situation? 

You need professional advice.

11 hours ago, Dom22 said:

Hello guys,

If you are on a Bridging Visa A because your 457 visa application was refused, you will be blocked by Section 48 of the Migration Act from lodging a 482 visa while in Australia.

Professional advice would be recommended.

17 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

If you are on a Bridging Visa A because your 457 visa application was refused, you will be blocked by Section 48 of the Migration Act from lodging a 482 visa while in Australia.

Professional advice would be recommended.

I've a discussion with the migration lawyer and he told me I can lodge a 482 visa by a different sponsor, as far as I couldn't find any similar case from the internet, so I am confused. 

5 hours ago, Dom22 said:

I've a discussion with the migration lawyer and he told me I can lodge a 482 visa by a different sponsor, as far as I couldn't find any similar case from the internet, so I am confused. 

You are only going to get more confused by trying to obtain general advice, based on very little information, on a public forum.

If you are working with a Registered Migration Agent, who is aware of all of the details of your case, they would be best positioned to advise you.

• Like 1