Migration agents & approval timeframes (186 direct entry)

Kerry.19

Hi all

is there a correlation between migration agents and how quickly a visa gets granted??

We submitted (direct entry application 186) on 11.01.18, 2 professional applicants, from low risk country, but still waiting on case offficer to be appointed.

I see other applications from the spreadsheet that have been submitted after ours eg Feb 18 but have already been granted. I understand some professions are in high demand, but the professions in the 186 visa grant spreadsheet aren’t all medical/IT related.

I was wondering if perhaps migration agents have something to do with it eg if they have contacts at Immi to request certain applications are pulled from the pile to be processed quicker than the others.

3 hours ago, Kerry.19 said:

Hi all

is there a correlation between migration agents and how quickly a visa gets granted??

...I see other applications from the spreadsheet that have been submitted after ours eg Feb 18 but have already been granted....

I was wondering if perhaps migration agents have something to do with it eg if they have contacts at Immi to request certain applications are pulled from the pile to be processed quicker than the others.  

No.   Migration agents have no influence with Immigration.  As I understand it, Immigration is more likely to process straightforward applications first.  If they view an application and see there are questions that need to be answered, then they're more likely to put it aside and go on to one that's got all the information clearly presented - and of course, that's the advantage of the agent, because the agent is more likely to have dotted every i and crossed every t.  But who knows if that's true or if it's just speculation.

5 hours ago, Kerry.19 said:

That is definitely not within the remit of migration agents,and anyone trying to pull strings with immigration in that way would quickly find themselves in hot water just the same as if they sent in $100 notes with their applications.